Super Contributor

cool it with all the polyester and please how about some lower neck v necks and scoop neck dresses and tops. It is polyester that gives home shopping a back rep. IMHO

Valued Contributor

Re: FASHION DESIGNERS PLEASE

I know--Q clothing is absolutely terrible.

Honored Contributor

various stores carry clothing to cover various tastes. if you don't like what they carry on the Q - go to the mall and you are sure to find younger, trendier styles there.Or shop around the internet - everything is available on the internet.

It seems that QVC has found a niche in clothing for the baby boomer and older crowd and that is who they mostly seem to cater to. Apparently , these styles sell well because if they didn't QVC would find something else.

Esteemed Contributor

I guess that makes Woman's Day Magazine terrible, as well. The February issue features an Isaac Mizrahi jacket, a Liz Claiborne Linen Vest, and a View by Walter Baker Envelope Blouse in their Cute and Comfy Style section, with QVC listed as where to buy them. I know it's not a "Fashion Magazine", but they do have style/fashion editors.

As I've always said, no one will like every single garment that any particular designer or fashion brand name offers. So to make a blanket statement that everything is polyester (which it isn't) or that all Q clothing is terrible (which it isn't) is somewhat of an insult to every person who buys clothing from QVC, apparently numbering in the millions.

Besides the fact that many designers OUTSIDE of QVC are now using polyester in their fabric blends, because its qualities have changed over the years. It's not the polyester of the 70's.

Super Contributor

I am a baby boomer and some of the styles scream matronly. It is just insulting.

Valued Contributor

Polyester is ok as one choice, but how about some other choices? I like fabrics like rayon, viscose, modal, and blends of any of these with poly or cotton.....blends are great when they make the fabric more breathable and make it feel less plastic like on the skin.

I live in FL, and a coworker of mine owns a liquid knit top. It looks like it is just stifling hot and just announces itself as polyester.....a good poly that looks like it could be something else is more desirable, to me.

Honored Contributor

......because women want tops and dresses with wide, gaping, floppy necklines......and make them in cotton so we can walk around all rumpled and wrinkled....
Esteemed Contributor

I'll bet I could show 10 people three different tops made of different fabrics, and they wouldn't be able to tell me what they're made of. It would be very difficult in this day and age for any average person who simply looks at a top to be able to define the fabric content, unless maybe it's real linen, which would be wrinkled as all get-out.

I do wear Liquid Knit tops on occasion, in NC in the heat of summer, which much of the time is in the 90's with very high humidity, and it's just as comfortable as any other top I own and better than some. And people have felt it and asked me if it's silk or a silk blend - I've had many people very surprised to learn that it's polyester. I don't understand the constant judgments on these forums about products that people have never even tried.

You will find some "matronly" garments just about anywhere you shop. It's just the name of the game to have styles for everyone, and I do mean everyone, unless you're in a specialty boutique. And if anyone pays attention to the fabric content of individual garments instead of making blanket judgments, they will find a variety of fabrics and blends in many of the items offered by QVC.

Not applicable

"I am a baby boomer and some of the styles scream matronly. It is just insulting."

Well that comment is beyond insulting to people older than baby boomers. What a train wreck that poster is. She will get old and have age discrimination too.

Ugly, ugly, ugly.

Honored Contributor

They keep "dumping" the fashion designers and clearancing out their products. Obviously the target audience for QVC is not anyone who wants a lot of style and a bit of trend. They "try" that, but the lines, for the most part, fail. I think the average QVC customer likes D & C and poly SG. I buy less and less from QVC due to this. I see all of Jen Rade's items are clearance out which imo...means she's about gone. Marc Bouwer was dumped, George Simonton went to all poly and milky knit and Belle Gray has fewer pieces on line. Yes, her line was pricy for QVC, but at least it was a bit more trendy. Logo seems to be the only line that keeps growing that has a bit of style. It's sad.

If higher style items sold, they'd be bringing them in. If the s/h was too high and people weren't buying, they'd drop s/h costs. Obviously exorbitant s/h costs are not deterring the majority of QVC shoppers.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"