Honored Contributor

I don't wear short sleeves or elbow length. Because I lost so much weight, I have major arm jiggle. 

I'm a 3/4 sleeve girl. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

I actually don't like elbow sleeves at all....and from the first few spring wear shows they have been showing on the Q it looks like alot of them will be offered this year..................

I love 3/4 sleeves................

Honored Contributor

@151949 You know until you brought it up and others posted I never realized how important the sleeve length can be.I guess that tops should be offered in optional sleeve lengths.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@151949 You know until you brought it up and others posted I never realized how important the sleeve length can be.I guess that tops should be offered in optional sleeve lengths.

@dex

The sleeve length makes an enormous difference in the appearance of a garment.

Honored Contributor

I think the biggest reason why I don't wear elbow-length sleeves is because my forearms are so bony, thin and I think unattractive. The elbow-length on me draws attention to that part of my arms that I don't like. Maybe it's just me.Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I think the biggest reason why I don't wear elbow-length sleeves is because my forearms are so bony, thin and I think unattractive. The elbow-length on me draws attention to that part of my arms that I don't like. Maybe it's just me.Woman LOL

That's the reason I don't generally wear sleeveless -- my arms are quite thin and look very scrawny when I wear tanks, etc. It's especially bad with sleeveless woven blouses, where the size of the armholes makes them look particularly skeletal.

Honored Contributor

Yes!  As someone recently mentioned right here, I'd love to see a few sleeve length options.  Especially in Quacker Factory and Denim and Co.  And, actually in other designers' tops and dresses.    In other words, I've passed on by re: many Quacker Factory tops because of the 3/4 sleeve length.  Loved the embroidery/embellishments; and I've often said/thought 'Gee, I wish that top were available with long sleeves'.   So, perhaps they can show the item and also mention that it's available with either 3/4 sleeve OR with long sleeves!  Wouldn't that be nice!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I guess I don't get the aversion to them. To each their own. I like them and even in cold weather with a pair of elbow length or longer gloves.

elbowGLVS.jpg

Honored Contributor

I bought a Joan Rivers gingham plaid boyfriend shirt. The sleeves are 3/4. I love the shirt & how it fits and drapes on me - but the sleeves are HUGE. I mean big in circumference! I am trying to decide if I'll return it or cut them off to short. They would have to be a puffy sleeve with a cuff at the bottom - there is no other way to fix them! Since I like the shirt otherwise and got it at a as is price I'll probably fix it. I think the puffy sleeve would be ok with the gingham fabric.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I bought a Joan Rivers gingham plaid boyfriend shirt. The sleeves are 3/4. I love the shirt & how it fits and drapes on me - but the sleeves are HUGE. I mean big in circumference! I am trying to decide if I'll return it or cut them off to short. They would have to be a puffy sleeve with a cuff at the bottom - there is no other way to fix them! Since I like the shirt otherwise and got it at a as is price I'll probably fix it. I think the puffy sleeve would be ok with the gingham fabric.

A few years ago I bought a JR gingham check shirt.  I should have known there was a reason the models never turned around during the presentation.  The back and front checks were horribly mismatched.  The same thing happened with a plaid shirt of hers.

I hope you had better luck with your shirt.