Honored Contributor

@ROMARY

You're definitely not alone on the 3/4 sleeves. I don't mind them but it's one of my daughter's pet peeves! They're fine, by me, unless I'm trying to put on a jacket...grrr!

As for the elbow sleeve I find them to be flattering in comparison to the standard short sleeve and far superior to the cap sleeve.

I didn't notice it really until I saw a shirt that's previous incarnation was a short sleeve; the elbow length made a noticeable difference and not on me but on a model...

Honored Contributor

I don't care for elbow-length sleeves. They look dowdy on me somehow and make me look older than my years. No 3/4-sleeves either for me. I prefer short sleeves or sleeveless. I work very hard to keep my arms in shape and I like to show them off on occasion.Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I love the elbow length sleeve...hate 3/4 sleeve...also like long sleeve or a little longer short sleeve....hate cap sleeves or short short sleeves...yes, I will wear a tank top...but not in public...lol

Respected Contributor

Love them.

The Perfect Sweater Topper

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee Great guns need to be seen....especially when earned.I have been trying to get my arms show worthy but they are still leaning towards best in elbow."

Honored Contributor

I'm rooting for you @dex! Keep it up and it wont be long until you'll be proud to wear shorter sleeves.Woman Happy Around here we don't have many months out of the year to wear tank tops and short sleeves, so I love to wear them whenever I get the chance. I'm so ready for spring and summer!Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

To be clear my arms aren't an issue and sleeveless is pretty much my uniform, be it a tank or a shell, but I find a cap sleeve especially accentuates the less than perfect upper arm.

I find the elbow sleeve is just an attractive look.

Respected Contributor

Re: Elbow length sleeves

[ Edited ]

Yes, I like them, but they have to be straight and slim cut (like the pink top above) or else it just looks sloppy. If they are cut right, they look dressier and sharper than a regular tee shirt sleeve IMO.

Honored Contributor

I love 3/4 sleeves for spring...but not when it's really hot though.  I like the look of sleeveless tops on toned or slim arms (not mine).   So for me when it's hot I need short sleeves.

I also don't care for elbow sleeves.  They are too long for short sleeve and too short for 3/4 sleeves.  They are hot in warm weather and I much prefer them to be several inches shorter but not as short as cap sleeves.

Honored Contributor

Re: Elbow length sleeves

[ Edited ]

@151949 You must keep in mind that most American women don't have the foggiest idea of how to hem a shirt.  I would do that also, maybe not on elbow length but definitely on 3/4 length, which like you and @ROMARY 1, I also hate. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment