Honored Contributor

I've been trying to purchase blouses, tees and sweaters for years. They're mostly tunic length no matter what store or site I shop. I'm sure the leggings craze and the need to "cover up" has a lot to do with that. 

Anyone have ideas where I may find regular length tops?

Honored Contributor

I am sick of tunics too.  I'm short waisted and these things look stupid on me!  My butt is big and these things ride up on my butt but if I get it big enough to fit over my butt then the top is way too big.

The whole thing just looks stupid.  

My friend ONLY shops at 'brick and mortar' stores and she said she doesn't have any trouble finding regular clothes there.  I have medical issues so I (unfortunately) can't walk up and down in regular stores.

Frequent Contributor

And it is all about you. Don't shop if they don't have what you want. There are plenty of other places to shop. 

Honored Contributor

I have the opposite experience.  I prefer tunics because I'm long waisted.  I don't think there are enough of them.  I see lots of tops that are in the average 29 inseam range in all the stores.

Honored Contributor

@periwinklerocket wrote:

And it is all about you. Don't shop if they don't have what you want. There are plenty of other places to shop. 

@periwinklerocket

Wow....what kind of response is that? Did you even read her post?

She's not singling out QVC, saying that they only have tunic length tops, she says no matter what stores/sites she's looked at, tunic length tops are mostly what she can find.

She then asks if anyone has suggestions where she may be able to find some tops shorter than tunic length.

Good grief!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I prefer tunic tops because I'm skinny with virtually no behind to speak of and tunic length tops help to disguise that fact, LOL!

I do wear a lot of leggings or capri length leggings, since size 2 jeans aren't that easy to find.

I do see a lot of shorter length tops at JCPenney, TJMaxx, etc.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@periwinklerocket Wow!  Take a nice pill!  If you've been on here before you'd be familiar with my posts and know that I don't usually call anyone out in particular but you, my dear need an attitude adjustment.

No one is saying it is about anyone in particular.  We all have a right to voice our opinion (I believe that's what we were doing)....perhaps you should re-read our posts.  We were simply asking for more of a variety.

I enjoy shopping at QVC because it's easy and I know the size I wear.  I have pretty good luck with the ordering.

So, since it's Sunday, perhaps you need to lighten your heart, look upward and ask for some kindness to come into your heart where you aren't so angry at someone just expressing their likes and dislikes.

I've met people like you and can I say I run the other way because there is so much anger in this world today it's best to avoid it and these people who emit it as much as possible.

I'm hoping you will feel better soon.  Annabelle

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

I agree!Heart

Honored Contributor

Talbots has shorter tops.  Ann Taylor and Banana Republic and J Crew all have shorter tops.

I prefer longer tops, and therefore, I can't find too much in the way of clothing that I like at those stores.  I have found a few Banana pieces longer, but J Crew often has really cute shorter tops!  Check there!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

I have the opposite experience.  I prefer tunics because I'm long waisted.  I don't think there are enough of them.  I see lots of tops that are in the average 29 inseam range in all the stores.

ITA

I prefer length-27 or 28 inches--not too long to be matronly or dowdy--that's my sweet spot.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"