Super Contributor

Dreamjeannes - Any Similar Pants by Other Brands?

I am a big fan of Dreamjeannes. The regular length is always too long and the short is always too short for me, however. I don't love rolling the regulars up because they do not look like "regular" jeans when the inside of the knit pant is exposed in the cuff.

I'm wondering if there is another Brand here on QVC that makes their own version of Dreamjeannes-type pants?

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: Dreamjeannes - Any Similar Pants by Other Brands?

@AussieLuvr  Flexibelle jeans by Kim Gravel are similar, but not exactly the same as Dream Jeannes.  I have had good luck with both brands and find that the fit is similar.

Super Contributor

@Trudey  Thanks for the tip! I ordered a pair of dark indigo and black Flexibelle jeans when they first became available.

Due to a disability, I can't do stairs so my husband does our laundry downstairs in the basement. His heart is in the right place, but no matter what I tell him he puts EVERYTHING (delicates, whites, work clothes) in the wash together and then dries it all for about two hours, lol. Its a disaster but that's another story - and we ARE moving the laundry to the first floor soon, lol.

Anyway, I opted to handwash the Flexibelles in my brand new Koehler, enamel, white bathroom sink to avoid shrinkage, etc. The water in the sink instantly turned dark, opaque blue. It took me 40 minutes to rinse the jeans by hand until the dye stopped coming out. Then I spent an hour trying to get the blue out of my brand new sink. Most of it did eventually come out, but not completely and there is still a blue cast with a distinct water line in my sink. Smiley Sad

I sent both pairs back. I realize that washing in the washing machine with like colors on the correct wash setting would have avoided this, but still - I could not believe the amount of dye that came out of the dark indigo pair. I never even took the black ones out of the plastic bag, and I sent them both back.

After my experience, I don't think I would buy them again, even after my laundry room is MINE again, lol.

Honored Contributor

@AussieLuvr

I might suggest Coldwater Creek?

I cannot wear their knit jeans (need a longer rise to sit up higher). Their knit denim is much like QF knit denim.

HTH

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Denim & Co. had a line they called How Comfy which seems to have disappeared but has reappeared with a similar but slightly different name.  They fit me much better.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624wrote:

Denim & Co. had a line they called How Comfy which seems to have disappeared but has reappeared with a similar but slightly different name.  They fit me much better.

I believe it is now called "comfy knit denim" (seems they've dropped/are dropping the "how XXX" designations?). It's probably one of the closest thing they have to the Dream Jeannes idea (french terry knit denim). I know that Isaac and Martha S also have knit denim in their lines, but I'm not sure if the knit is like Dream Jeannes.

Respected Contributor

If only they came in pull on petites.

Honored Contributor

I need a high waist type. Above the belly buttom.  (Longer rise)

Any suggestions are welcomed.

When I see various brands on tv, most of them look as though they are below the belly button.

I'm one of the few who prefers a higher waist.

Thanks for any suggestions re: this thread's type of knit jeans. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@LTT1wrote:

@AussieLuvr

I might suggest Coldwater Creek?

I cannot wear their knit jeans (need a longer rise to sit up higher). Their knit denim is much like QF knit denim.

HTH

Another vote for Coldwater Creek knit denim. They do not seems as heavy, hold the color and do not fade as quickly as How Comfy.

One tip...they carry what they call ankle pants...I wear petite but the regular length in these are perfect and have a slimmer leg than the regular petite which is wider at the ankle.

They are expensive but last forever...I only wish the ankle pant came in black.

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY

The Dream Jeannes 5-pocket sit “at-the-waist.” So, they come up high.

@traveler

The Dream Jeannes do come in a pull-on style! That is my favorite style now!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~