Valued Contributor

I love these bags. However, the moderate size bags are so costly with the shipping. Although the Dooney site has free shipping for items over 100.00, it is still costly. I don't know if I can justify the cost. What do you think?

Honored Contributor

If you're worried about the cost, I would stick with a "classic" bag and carry it year round. Then the cost per wear averages out.

Esteemed Contributor

You can buy Dooneys on Ilovedooney.com --- prices change regularly, so just track it. A few years ago, I purchased a nylon purse at Walmart for $17 -- and it's one of my favs. I do love the quality of Dooneys and most of mine are small nylon purses --- and I got them on sale.

Respected Contributor

I got a Dooney that is a best seller on QVC for less than half the price they sell it for on ebay over 2 years ago. I carry a bag until I change it out for another, so I'm not a handbag collector. I really like this bag a lot, and am glad I splurged on this one. After 2 years of my rough treatment, it still looks brand new. Even the light pink inside has held up very well. I may be converted now to purchase a quality bag like this from now on. That is, if I ever need to buy another bag. LOL

Honored Contributor

You can't go wrong with a Dooney bag, I have several and they last forever. I inherited one from my mother in law, she used it for years and it still has 10 years in it.

Super Contributor

I got the Florentine Small Satchel in taupe for 219.00 (no tax or shipping fee) from IloveDooney. It really isn't that small- more like a medium bag. Ordered it On Tuesday and it arrived in perfect shape on Friday (all wrapped and stuffed and beautiful). I saw that they raised it to 276.00 (must of been on sale or special). But the same bag is 368.00 everywhere else. I LOVE my Dooney purse and the fact that I got a great deal! I think it is worth the investment and that you will have it for A LONG TIME! Just shop around and find one that is right for you.

Respected Contributor

Go to one of the outlet malls. I just got a small Lexington shopper for $115. They carry exactly the same merchandise- not low-end versions like some other outlet stores. =)

Super Contributor

Macy's has a 25 percent off. I had a credit and should have used the 25% off. I am like you, having trouble justifying the price. My daughter uses Coach, however I like Dooney. We have a Coach outlet near us, but no Dooney. Another factor, is that I am fickle and like to change my bags for size and color.

Honored Contributor

My problem (due to bad back) is the weight of the bag. The bags are beautiful and wonderfully made.

Respected Contributor

I have a closet full of Dooneys and love them. I certainly would never purchase one on QVC- Shipping is free from Amazon, Dooney website, Nordstroms and you can go to a dept store to purchase. Bags are expensive but I don't think that $300 is a lot to spend. Would never carry a $17 bag from Walmart (wouldn't purchase anything from Walmart!!!)- A $17 bag looks like a $17 bag! There isn't anything wrong with it, just depends on preference.