Regular Contributor

I feel their lunchtime specials aren't what they used to be either.

Honored Contributor

My motto is "never pay full price for anything" unless it is something I need. After almost 20 years as a QVC shopper, I discovered the "list clicks" department!! I've given up shopping for Lent but hopefully the items I've put in my wish list will be there in 5 weeks and if they aren't, oh well. If I can get an item for $10 rather than the $25 original price, I'm very happy.

I also agree with previous posters that there are plenty of other places on line to shop. And I don't believe a $50 SG top is better than one I can find in other places for a lot less.

Honored Contributor
On 2/23/2015 Plaid Pants said:

It all comes down to, does one want to buy cheap, or does one want to buy quality.

Sure, one can find clothes in the dollar bin at the local Mart, but it won't be good quality.

If one wants good quality, one is going to pay more for that.

..... I agree, but the quality I'm looking for is rarely the quality I get from the Q and the quality rarely meets the price point I pay here. It's been very disappointing the last several years. I shop the End-of-the-line stores like TJMaxx and Marshalls and have done very well with quality top name designers at deeply discounted prices.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor

I just can't order anything like clothes or shoes. Not even an option for me. I know better, not worth trying to figure out all those weird sizes, nothing ever fits. Everything is gigantic or shapeless. Not worth the shipping back, never mind having to go to UPS to return. The few items I have kept are no better quality than Kohls to me.

Contributor

Nobody Needs anything! But it is a thrill to get a "good deal"- If you are going to actually wear it- a closet full of stuff and nothing to wear! Buy something exceptional and wear it often, why be normal!

Super Contributor

It all comes down to, does one want to buy cheap, or does one want to buy quality.

Sure, one can find clothes in the dollar bin at the local Mart, but it won't be good quality.

See, in theory I totally agree with what you're saying. But I no longer find the quality with the Q's merchandise. Sizing is inconsistent, quality is suspect, pricing is ridiculous and then there's the shipping policy...and the length of time it takes for their shipping and handling processes is nuts. I used to LOVE the Quality, Value, and Convenience (QVC) they used to rightly boast about. Too many online sites to shop that even have local stores I can return stuff, which is a huge bonus. And too many local stores where the prices -- especially when they run sales -- are SO much better, plus I have the advantage of trying things on. Right now, Q is no longer a draw for me and my dollars. I started shopping with them in 1989. Times change and they have the right to run their business how they see fit, but I just don't feel they're being honest with themselves when they compare themself with all the competition that's out there when they set their prices. Not when you factor all of the above.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Trusted Contributor
On 2/23/2015 GoodStuff said:

Not necessarily so, if you know how to shop! Sales and clearance events are key. This winter I am wearing a very nice $200 red wool coat that I purchased last year from Land's End at an end-of-season clearance sale for $50 with free shipping. I am sitting at my computer wearing a necklace that I bought on clearance from Coldwater Creek for less than half price. My Kenneth Cole cuff was on sale at Amazon for a fraction of its original price. These Easy Spirit shoes were about $45, I think, on sale. Many department stores and online sellers have great sales and clearance events where you can buy quality labels at greatly reduced prices, both in stores and online. Dillard's, Macy's, JC Penney, Nordstrom's.....they all have quality merchandise and great sales. I wait for 'em. QVC rarely has discounts that compete, or the free shipping offered by many online sellers.

I've also snagged Eileen Fisher, Jones New York, Chaus, Liz Claiborne, and other quality garments at Goodwill and other thrift stores.......some new with tags still attached! The deals are there for anyone who is willing to look for them! For me, shopping is an adventure, and I have more fun than is legal, almost.

GoodStuff--I like how you think and shop. That is exactly the way I shop and, like you, have scored some fantastic pieces. I get compliments all the time on my fabulous finds. People freak out when I tell them I find some of my best clothing at Goodwill.

Trusted Contributor

Also, I know how to sew, so I take looks from fashion blogs and magazines and tweak the look of lots of clothing, especially denim.

Honored Contributor

Trusted Contributor

QVC does nothing as an incentive, or reward, for their customers. The recent change in shipping happened only after they raised prices on items, took away discounts on multiples of the same item shipping charges, and charged us to return items. Their sales are either a flat out joke, or an insult. They take $5 or $8 off a $60 item. ALL other retailers take a deep percentage off clearance items. Between hosts that can't speak, rude vendors, outrageously high prices, not much reason to watch. The TSV's aren't even very good prices any longer. Reviews come in handy for a few items, but I purchase at better prices on other sites. I admit, I can't afford to shop with QVC much any longer.