Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does Your Closet Look Like This?

No.  For one thing, I don't own that many pairs of shoes.  I keep my shoes in the cardboard boxes they come in.  Why buy a box that's the size of a shoebox when your shoes already come in a shoebox?   Doesn't even make sense to me.  Shoeboxes usually have photos of the shoes inside them on the outside short end of the box. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

On a much smaller scale, but along the same lines as Jennifer Coffey's, here is how I store my shoes. The first picture is my summer shoes which are 90% Toms shoes. The second picture is my winter shoes/clogs and tennis shoes and Birkenstocks. 

IMG_7353.JPG

IMG_7355.JPG

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

On a much smaller scale, but along the same lines as Jennifer Coffey's, here is how I store my shoes. The first picture is my summer shoes which are 90% Toms shoes. The second picture is my winter shoes/clogs and tennis shoes and Birkenstocks. 

IMG_7353.JPG

IMG_7355.JPG

I do a lot of organizing for my friends and I give an A plus!!!! Beautiful, functional and everything easy to get at. 

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

From Jennifer Coffey's FB page-

This looks like deep storage. Easy access?? Jen needs the assistance of a professional organizer. 

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh, your closet is so nicely organized.  I love how you have room in between garments.  I don't like when things are all squished together.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

IMG_7353.JPG

IMG_7355.JPG

I do a lot of organizing for my friends and I give an A plus!!!! Beautiful, functional and everything easy to get at. 

@Trinity11- thanks!  Organizing is my "thing". I am The Container Stores dream customer. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

It's about time someone gave Imelda Marcos a run for the money!!

My closet is organized, but not that organized.

@MacDUFF

LOL   Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

Ha Ha Ha and LOL!!

Honored Contributor

A person only has two feet.... how many shoes does a person need.  I think this is a hoarding issue.... ridiculous!  

Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

From Jennifer Coffey's FB page-

This looks like deep storage. Easy access?? Jen needs the assistance of a professional organizer. 

I would call this shoe storage orderly, but not functionally organized.  I see flats mixed in with sandals mixed in with pumps mixed in with booties with no segregation by color.  But then again, I will be the first to admit I am over the top with my constant need to organize just so I can turn around and reorganize.  😊