Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does Your Closet Look Like This?

@wilma I was not judging I have just never seen so many shoes, LOL!

I am kind of that way with scented shower gels, I have enough to last me 3 lifetimes but I keep buying more as the seasons change,

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

A person only has two feet.... how many shoes does a person need.  I think this is a hoarding issue.... ridiculous! 

--------------

@SeaMaiden I have to agree.  When I saw the picture, my first thought this is a person who is a slave to their possessions.  That's a big time waster.

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

Yes. Yes it does ..except for the shoes and boxes...

Comment of the day!!

Valued Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

i prefer to have my shoes grouped by color. makes sense to me.

I do that too.

Me as well!  Guilty of stacking boxes 6 boxes high and many rows in several closets!

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@wilma I was not judging I have just never seen so many shoes, LOL!

I am kind of that way with scented shower gels, I have enough to last me 3 lifetimes but I keep buying more as the seasons change,

@CareBears 

No worries. I have not seen that many shoes either, but I love to look at shoes in stores (and sometimes buy too many). 

Respected Contributor

When I moved from a huge home with tons of closet space and a dream his and hers master closet,  I purged big-time.  I got rid of 95% of my shoes and clothes, among other things.  Now, 15 years later, I'm afraid my love of shoes has gotten the best of me again, with not nearly the closet space~~ not even a linen cabinet in a 3000 sq foot home.  Crazy.  Time for another purge... but I refuse to move to make this happen.  I found a great nearly new shop and I've donated a ton of stuff to various charities who pick up clothes and accessories.  I've donated bags and bags of clothing, shoes etc over the last 6 months.  You'd never know I was a hoarder by the looks of my home.  Quite the contrary.  I like things sparse.  I do have a bad case of storage envy!  I didn't notice no linen cabinets when i made an offer on this house.  There's tons of storage in the kitchen and laundry room.  A few over toilet head-knockers and under sink and that's it.  The master closet is 1/4th the size of my previous.  Did I mention I love shoes?

Occasional Contributor

Thanks to the OP for sharing that pic. It inspired me to donate 28 pairs of shoes, sandals & boots! Jennifer obviously loves shoe fashion & if it brings her joy, good for her! I could probably cut my remaining number of 34 in half if I didn't work in a corporate office but I'm like Jennifer - I like the variety & LOVE shoes :-)