Honored Contributor

Re: Do you still wear Shorts??

In my house and yard yes I do. When I leave my house and go out in public no I don't. When I am out in my yard, I am either mowing the grass, digging or weeding my flower beds, hanging out by the pool or playing with my dog. No need for dresses or skirts there, that is for sure.
"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

Of course I still wear shorts. When I'm out walking for exercise in the summer and it's really hot and humid, I wear shorts. If I'm working in the yard, I wear shorts. And they're not down to my knees either. My house, my yard. Don't look.

If I'm going to the store or otherwise going out, then I might wear a pair of capris. 

Trusted Contributor

Not too often... I live in Florida too!
Honored Contributor

Just to the pool or gym or to work around the house. Otherwise - pedal pushers or capris for me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes. I live in a location with very hot summers, and I wear shorts almost every day during that time of year. They fall two or three inches above my knees.

I also run, and I wear shorter shorts during most of the year for that. I don't worry so much about my legs, which aren't the legs of a 25 year old anymore. Smiley Wink Several years ago, I was with some women running friends and said that I didn't usually wear shorts to run because my legs weren't great, and they all said, "Who cares!?" I also have tan lines on my thighs (which are covered by my regular shorts) and very white feet, but I don't give it a second thought -- it is what it is, and there is no way I'm going to worry about trying to self tan my feet, etc.

Honored Contributor

@hennypenny

I know exactly what you mean! I picked up a pair in a surf shop years back but no mas Woman Frustrated

I see the guys in them all the time! Unfair! Fitted in waist and hips; full through the legs:

Belted Relaxed Cargo Shorts, Ivory

These are great but I'm not paying $269.00 for a pair of shorts!?

Honored Contributor

Remember Hot Pants?   When I was in H.S. I still wore pedal pushers and Bermuda shorts (no shorts).  I do not wear any kind of shorts now.  Never wore Hot Pants!    Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN    Ehhhhh. No. The idea of having to self tan, find ones long enough, but don't look dumpy....would rather wear the "new" ankle pants in a lightweight fabric. How much hotter can you get w/ fabric covering the mid-knee to upper ankle? On me that's only about 16". Think I can deal with that. I also achieve a neater, longer look on my petite frame.

@Shanus

Or you totally could not care how white your legs are. ;-)

Or anything else for that matter, LOL.

It's all about comfort, at least for me.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I'm under 5'........and I wear daisy dukes in the summer.........(well, in my own yard......not to go out.)

TOHsOwT3zS-6.png (300×250)

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Am 65, have nice legs, a non-existent backside, but do have a tummy. Love shorts, especially denim shorts about to the knees (Bermuda length) and wear them practically every day in the summer. I don't own any short shorts. Had a piece of skin cancer removed last fall that fell above where my shorts end, so I'm sure it started its growth before I converted to longer shorts. I do wear shorts in public & have no problem doing so. I feel that as long as I don't gross myself out, it's fine.