Honored Contributor

Re: Do you still wear Shorts??

Like you, only at home. I would consider a walking short at the knee.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I still wear shorts in the warm weather months.  I don't like shorts to my knees or short shorts though.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I still wear shorts. Mostly longer ones that end an inch or two above my knee. I hate crops and capris. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal

Lightweight cotton (or other natural, breathable fiber) ankle-length pants and crops also provide decent leg coverage.

For even more air flow, roll and cuff the hems a bit.

Humidity, warmth, and heat are health challenges for me, so I always pair the above with sandals.

Plus a lightweight natural fiber sleeveless, cap-sleeve, or short-sleeve top.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh~

So funny! Thank you for thatWoman LOL

I wore them up til last year and had just had one altered cause its such a nice pair but all of a sudden it seems I don't feel comfortable in them. When it is really hot, I'll wear a cotton skirt or cotton loose pants that are actually cooler than my shorts. I haven't gotten rid of them yet though. I might try them again. IN other words, I like my shorts, just maybe not on meWoman Embarassed

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

I wear bermuda shorts or walking shorts. 

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN    Ehhhhh. No. The idea of having to self tan, find ones long enough, but don't look dumpy....would rather wear the "new" ankle pants in a lightweight fabric. How much hotter can you get w/ fabric covering the mid-knee to upper ankle? On me that's only about 16". Think I can deal with that. I also achieve a neater, longer look on my petite frame.

Valued Contributor

I do, I wear 9" inseam and I am 5'1". I buy a higher quality of short so I can pair it with a  skinny tee and a lightweight cardi, or a button down shirt with rolled sleeves, anything on top that makes to more of dress look, then I usually wear a ballet flat, but sometimes a wedge. I think it age appropriate. I wouldn't go out in jean shorts or gym shorts.

Honored Contributor

I'm under 5'........and I wear daisy dukes in the summer.........(well, in my own yard......not to go out.)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

No.  My legs are not that great looking any more and I would feel very self-conscious.  I wear crops and capri pants.  I cannot tan at all and self-tanner breas me out.  So, I just wear what I am comfortably covered up in and I am still pretty cool in.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin