Super Contributor

Do you purchase online if an item is "final sale" and can't be returned?

I've received several e-mails from J. Crew lately that advertise winter sales. The catch is, the items are "final sale" with no returns allowed. J. Crew clothes are not always consistent for me, so I would never buy a final sale item, no matter how great the deal.

How do you feel about final sales?

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you purchase online if an item is ""final sale"" and can't be returned?

Never. Unless I'm in the store where I can see the item and try it on, I don't ever buy anything that is all sales final.

I just went round and round with myself and another poster - Magic helped me with an Ivanka Trump coat through Groupon. I loved them and wanted one but it was all sales final and I decided I wasn't going to dump my money like that.

Respected Contributor

Never.

Esteemed Contributor

I would never take the risk of purchasing a non-returnable item. I get e-mails from so many sites like HauteLook, Rue La La, Gilt, Zulily, etc., and while the prices might be good, some of the sales are final. I would rather pay full price knowing if I don't like something, I am not stuck with it.

Honored Contributor

No, not online.

Super Contributor

Only if it is Loft or Ann Taylor, and the price is crazy low. I usually do not buy these types of final sale items for myself, but I buy them many times for my DD. I can't pass up a dress for her for $20, when it originally sold at full price for $80. Their sizing is usually very consistent, and so I feel comfortable ordering, once I understand the fabric content and washing instructions.

I have purchased 3 or 4 dresses for her this year as final sale, from Loft. She loves them and has used them for her events at college that required her to wear a dress. I get very nice dresses for her, at crazy low prices. I also bought us both a few tops and sweaters that were final sale. I've never had a problem but I do stick with items that are sized SML, not numerical sizes. I'd be a bit leary of buying something in a numbered size, that was final sale. there's a bit more give in a SML sizing of a garment.

If I ever do get something that doesn't work out, I can always donate it or give it to a friend or family member.

Valued Contributor

I thought I would be okay with ordering a style of pants from LOFT that I had before, but they ended up being way too big! They were really cheap, but I can't help but feel that they were somehow mismarked or something. I probably won't buy from a final sale anywhere again.

Super Contributor

Pants are a tougher fit. It's easier to order final sale things in tops, sweaters, and dresses, you have a better chance of them fitting. I have never ordered final sale pants, I'd be afraid to.

Honored Contributor

I will only do it if it's something I have already purchased just in another color.

Although I have bought things at Talbots in multiple colors (most recently the wrap tops) and they all fit differently. I had to get them altered anyway due to my bust size, but even my tailor was looking at it wondering why they were all so far off from each other.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

Never ... something must be returnable or it's a no go.