Super Contributor

Re: Do you like the long dress Lisa is wearing tonight?

On 2/12/2014 Sylanne said:

I thought the color made her look tired & washed out.

Maybe it looked better in person.

These tunics/dresses that I've seen Vietnamese women wear are colorful, like those photos posted by FLgardener; never seen in a ..... drab..... color like that worn by Lisa.

ETA:

Have not done any "research", but I think this traditional tunic/dress was made with silk. In my personal observation, I have seen this outfit worn only by young women, women in their early to mid-20s. Also, I've only seen them worn to occasions like some kind of [their] national holidays and new years or special occasions such as engagement ceremonies, perhaps.

Would be interesting to know what a Vietnamese woman think of a TV shopping channel hostess wearing this outfit selling ... stuff.

Respected Contributor

I briefly saw it but it made me stop in my tracks. I loved it!

Super Contributor

I saw the show for a minute or 2...I thought Lisa looked like a *Disney Princess*.

I wondered what the occasion was...

Valued Contributor

i thought it was so beautiful and feminine.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Esteemed Contributor

She's looking a bit long in the tooth. A closeup of her really shows the wear. I am not trying to bash her - just an observation. Her head looked so much bigger than her body. I am sure it depends on what she wears. She sure has some wardrobe.

Trusted Contributor

I thought that the outfit was gorgeous and looked great on her!

Super Contributor

On 2/12/2014 magicmoodz said:
On 2/12/2014 Debbie1426 said:
<br />

The tunic is very long, but slit up the the waist on the sides. Under it she has off white pants.

Magic, you're right. It's a dress length tunic with slits over pants. Easily seen the Sanctuary spa facial oil video. I thought it was lovely on her.

Hi Debbie! The concept of this outfit is beautiful and would almost be fun to own given the right fabric. I love the color of Lisa's tunic, just think the arms should have been a tad bigger to eliminate the puckering.

Would you ever wear something like that if, say, you were hosting a cocktail party or dinner?

Yes! Great for hosting. Of course, mine would have a tad more room for comfortWink

Trusted Contributor

On 2/12/2014 BRANDONLEE said:

Are you ladies sure that was a dress? I didn't see the show, but looked at the first video (Phyto) and as she is leaning in to kiss her vendor, there are side slits as if it is a long tunic and then perhaps winter white pants?

At any rate, I completely agree that it was ill-fitting. For those of you that think she looked beautiful, do you see the puckering at the underarms because it is way too tight?

The first thing i noticed was the color then everything else.It was great i loved it .If i had that dress i would wear it proudly.And i love fashion.

So I must be wrong, it was a dress?

It is a traditional Vietnamese dress. So yes, in their country, it is considered a dress.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/12/2014 LipstickDiva said:
On 2/12/2014 BRANDONLEE said:

Are you ladies sure that was a dress? I didn't see the show, but looked at the first video (Phyto) and as she is leaning in to kiss her vendor, there are side slits as if it is a long tunic and then perhaps winter white pants?

At any rate, I completely agree that it was ill-fitting. For those of you that think she looked beautiful, do you see the puckering at the underarms because it is way too tight?

The first thing i noticed was the color then everything else.It was great i loved it .If i had that dress i would wear it proudly.And i love fashion.

So I must be wrong, it was a dress?

It was a dress but you weren't seeing wrong. It did have the slits in it and then under that it had a light yellow (at least that's what color I think it was) dress.

What is under the top is not a dress, but wide legged pants. Like palazzo pants.