Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you like the long dress Lisa is wearing tonight?

On 2/12/2014 susan_ca said:
On 2/12/2014 LipstickDiva said:
On 2/12/2014 magicmoodz said:
On 2/12/2014 BRANDONLEE said:

Are you ladies sure that was a dress? I didn't see the show, but looked at the first video (Phyto) and as she is leaning in to kiss her vendor, there are side slits as if it is a long tunic and then perhaps winter white pants?

At any rate, I completely agree that it was ill-fitting. For those of you that think she looked beautiful, do you see the puckering at the underarms because it is way too tight?

The first thing i noticed was the color then everything else.It was great i loved it .If i had that dress i would wear it proudly.And i love fashion.

So I must be wrong, it was a dress?

It was a dress but you weren't seeing wrong. It did have the slits in it and then under that it had a light yellow (at least that's what color I think it was) dress.

Keep watching till to get to about 4:12 when she walks to the models. This dress is not meant to be worn this tightly. On Vietnamese women, they are loosely worn -- not TOO loosely..... comfortably loose.

Thank you susan. After a little research, I learned this outfit is an Ao Dai which is a long tunic worn over pantaloons.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/11/2014 Beejene said:

Ugly and that harsh dark lip liner needs to go!!

Agree! And she's looking more like Tova when she goes high-style (as in ""older"" too).

Trusted Contributor

My critique is strictly about the look, NOT the woman. She is beautiful, smart and successful.

The look to me is Auntie Mame meets 70's Town and Country.

Honored Contributor

On 2/12/2014 MalteseMomma said:

I didn't watch for more than a minute or 2...I thought it was unsuitable for the show she was doing, comparing the vendors clothing style (vendor looked good).I tuned in late ,she was selling beauty products so I really do not know what she was selling before that product and didn't stay with it either.I think it was the hair removal thingy.

The dress was pretty thought and it looked very nice / elegant on her.I really think she is taking lessons from Tova on how to act gracefull while aging. Even her hair, talk and body and hand movements have become Tova like on certain shows.

Lisa is very ,very different from all the other hosts and is beginning to not fit in so well anymore sometimes.

I do love her ,but I think she is ready to move on to bigger pastures and not selling products on QVC..........Her style is changing to an uptown/society gal.......She would do geat in those big charity events they do in NYC

I think they should put Lisa in the board room and off the floor. She has outgrown her position, IMHO.

Trusted Contributor

I wouldn't care to speculate on whether or not she has outgrown her position. She might just be having fun with fashion, her way.

Honored Contributor

Keep watching till to get to about 4:12 when she walks to the models. This dress is not meant to be worn this tightly. On Vietnamese women, they are loosely worn -- not TOO loosely..... comfortably loose.

Thank you susan. After a little research, I learned this outfit is an Ao Dai which is a long tunic worn over pantaloons.

In the pictures I saw, the tunic is to the floor, like a long gown. But like I stated above, I didn't see much of the show to get a full length view.

However, in reading the description of an Ao Dai, it says it's a tight-fitting tunic worn over pantaloons. However, in the photos the fit doesn't look like Lisa's did.

Trusted Contributor

I thought the dress was awful. And as I've said before, I do not care for the hairstyle she was wearing last night. It definitely ages her, in my opinion.

Super Contributor

I liked her updo and the dress, especially the color. It was a more mature look for her, and very Bob Mackie.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/12/2014 LipstickDiva said:

In the pictures I saw, the tunic is to the floor, like a long gown. But like I stated above, I didn't see much of the show to get a full length view.

However, in reading the description of an Ao Dai, it says it's a tight-fitting tunic worn over pantaloons. However, in the photos the fit doesn't look like Lisa's did.

The tunic is very long, but slit up the the waist on the sides. Under it she has off white pants.

Super Contributor

I don't believe I'm saying this because I 'm not a fan of her " look", but I think she looked absolutely lovely last night. She can wear an updo but it needs to be softer and maybe a little messy and not so stiff. She apparently likes to show her forehead, so the suggestion of bangs of any kind is going no where. Happy to see the soft peach color!