Honored Contributor

Re: Do you ever LOVE a clothing item so much you don't wear it?

On 2/7/2014 PpprMintPatty said:

I have an irrational fear of wasting a good outfit on an insignificant day.

I posted this on FB the other day, too.

When I was getting dressed for work today I was digging deep in the back for something that I don't wear a lot because I don't like it and no one would see me today because most people would be off and I would be locked in my office. LOL

Sad but true!

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

No- it would pain me more to look at something fancy (like THE boots) and realize how much I paid for that unworn special item than to wear it too much and have to repair it or replace it.

Valued Contributor

my white North Face down coat---I have other ones but I don't want to get it dirty---and it's so warm
Trusted Contributor

No. I learned my lesson. When cleaning out my late Aunt's closet it was filled with things she was ""saving"". Saving for what?
Honored Contributor

Just expensive jewelry, bracelets, necklaces, and pins, and ones I've inherited from my mother and grandmother that I'm afraid of losing. I still wear the rings and earrings.

I did lose a gold chain and pendant that had rubies and emeralds when the chain either broke or came unclasped. I also lost a gold stampato bracelet while I was shopping. So now I hesitate to wear my expensive pieces except for bangles that seem more secure with the plunger bar.

Honored Contributor

I buy things in twos and some things I have in 7's (my fave yoga pants---LOVE) and tops I wear with them (6).

Most of these duplicates are still tagged.

Keeping black BLACK is important to me.

I buy boots in doubles and sandals, too, if I can get my hands on them.

I do wear my nice clothes for nice occasions, but am uber cautious. I know it sounds crazy, but the seatbelt is a concern sometimes, don't yell, I still wear it.

When it comes to jewelry, I wear it, but some vintage irreplaceable things I only wear to peoples homes and not out in public as I am afraid of losing it.

Honored Contributor

No, I don't have things I never wear because they are too nice. If I don't wear it, I don't keep it.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a MK handbag I could wear more often. I find myself saving it for special occasions. I could also wear my pearls more. I keep them in a special jewelry case that I seldom open. Thanks, ladies, I'm going to remember not to 'save' them so much. Save them for what? Good question!

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Super Contributor

Do shoes count? I have a pair of suede ankle boots that are my Cinderella shoes. The fit is perfect and they look so darn good that I want to wear them often but I don't ever want to wear them out.

I do have a long pewter colored sweater coat that comes to mind and I always stop and think ""what if?"" before putting it on.

There are certain things that have become my favorites (I don't know that they'll be my favs until I've had them for awhile and by then it's sometimes too late!) that I could kick myself for not buying multiples of.

Honored Contributor

I used to do it. Now I buy another to extend the life. It's kinda silly.