Super Contributor

Re: Do you buy ""doubles"" of clothing items?

NOTHING WRONG with buying doubles or even triples, lol..... I either do it when I make the original purchase or if I like something I have taken home I will go back and get two or three more in different colors. I did that with a cute tank top at Kohls....I now have probably 5 of them all in different colors and glad I do because they don't sell them any longer.

I would call that SMART SHOPPING !!!!!

Super Contributor

I have doubles of the most basic items (t's, bras, jeans, etc) but anything with any distinctive detail, almost never. I like variety too much.
Honored Contributor

I will be doubles of basics but in different colors. I have several of the exact same t-shirts but in different colors, bras, panties, cardigans. But if there is anything different or distinctive about it, then I don't duplicate it.

Honored Contributor

I buy multiples of underwear & bras, too, but, even with those, I usually get different colors. Socks for working out & trouser socks are bought in multiples because they get worn a lot.

Frequent Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.unsure}On 5/18/2014 hutchIII said:

Yes - I do too often buy doubles. I learned that from my Mom as she always did that. However, sometimes after I worn the first one for awhile I'm kind of "done" with it and wonder why did I ever buy two....one was more than enough!

So glad I'm not the only one that had done this, even with shoes too.

Super Contributor

I have several items in which I own multiples. To give you a few examples:

1. Talbots Charming cotton cardigans with 3/4 sleeves: I have five or six colors, and will probably buy a couple more when they go on sale (and then retire a couple of older ones). I have one on today in a kelly green shade, purchased last summer.

2. Talbots cashmere cardigans with long sleeves: I bought three colors last fall/winter.

3. Banana Republic black tropical wool Jackson fit pants: I own two pairs because they fit so well.

4. Gap cotton ribbed tanks: I buy white ones to wear with my PJ pants.

5. Kate Spade Quinn handbags: I own several colors of this style and never get tired of them.

6. Talbots short-sleeve surplice knit dresses with self ties: This is a very flattering style on me, so during the last two years I have purchased four in solid colors and one in a stripe. I can easily change shoes, bags and jewelry to make the solid ones look different. In the late spring and summer I wear a different one every week.

Trusted Contributor

I do this TOO much! I often buy different colors of the same item, and more rarely buy two identical items. Two pair of the same khaki bermuda shorts is an example from recently. Sometimes I look at my wardrobe and think it is all the same. No wonder!

Contributor

If I love a shoe, yes I buy a couple a pairs in different colors.
Honored Contributor

Not usually, but I just found out a few minutes ago that I bought two of the same Isaac pants. One was $88 and the other one was $68. Same year!

Honored Contributor

sometimes I buy triple & quads of the same item if I like it that much and it's that good