Super Contributor

Re: Do You Consider Jewelry a Part of Fashion?

@betteb wrote:

@Adelina wrote:

What do you think of Jay King's jewelry pieces?  I find them over-priced for what they are. The quality of the stones seem to vary a great deal within any particular piece. I think his stories and pictures are attempts to make the stones appear "exotic" and more valuable than they are. 

***********************************************************************************

I have a few King pieces. IMO, you really have to pick and choose with him, for me anyway. I tend to like his smaller, more refined stuff. 

I just can't get into his jewelry. So many of his things are big and gaudy...and look like polished rocks. I prefer understated jewelry...simple elegance.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Honored Contributor

I don't personally.  I only like fine jewelry. By that I only mean diamonds, precious gems like ruby & sapphire set in 18K and platinum.  Everything else, including silver is semi precious.  Fine jewelry is not part of fashion at all.  Costume or fashion jewelry is.  But even then it does not dicate a certain direction for fashion.  Costume jewlely tradtionaly is purchased by women.  So you can pretty much indulge.  I'm not that interested in it.

Honored Contributor

How would one keep that necklace up?

Honored Contributor

shoekitty, I started having problems swallowing as soon as I looked at the silver necklace (lol).

I think jewelry is part of the overall look.

I just bought myself a new bracelet from Novica.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise