Esteemed Contributor

Do You Consider Jewelry a Part of Fashion?

I do, LOL

Jewelry clearance on HSN and Evine smileys-waving-170093.gif

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Trusted Contributor

Re: Do You Consider Jewelry a Part of Fashion?

Yep, jewelry IS fashion!  But you are enabling again..... Smiley LOL

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Honored Contributor

Of course...it's an accessory just like shoes and handbags. It enhances one's appearance.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Jewelry is a part of fashion, but when there are complete shows dedicated to jewelry, "fashion" should refer to clothes.  After all, are several items of clothing shown during jewelry hours?  

Why would viewers who want to view clothing be bored with jewelry?  I think we're mature enough to know what we want to watch!  I have no problem turning the channel!

Trusted Contributor

What do you think of Jay King's jewelry pieces?  I find them over-priced for what they are. The quality of the stones seem to vary a great deal within any particular piece. I think his stories and pictures are attempts to make the stones appear "exotic" and more valuable than they are. 

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Jewelry is a part of fashion, but when there are complete shows dedicated to jewelry, "fashion" should refer to clothes.  After all, are several items of clothing shown during jewelry hours?  

Why would viewers who want to view clothing be bored with jewelry?  I think we're mature enough to know what we want to watch!  I have no problem turning the channel!

Gosh, I just jokin' around about the all day jewelry clearance embarrassed-smiley-face.gif

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

@Adelina wrote:

What do you think of Jay King's jewelry pieces?  I find them over-priced for what they are. The quality of the stones seem to vary a great deal within any particular piece. I think his stories and pictures are attempts to make the stones appear "exotic" and more valuable than they are. 

***********************************************************************************

I have a few King pieces. IMO, you really have to pick and choose with him, for me anyway. I tend to like his smaller, more refined stuff. 

Esteemed Contributor

I kinda like these Jay King Amethyst with Plume Hoop Earrings

This isn't King, but I like  it Jade of Yesteryear Colors of Jade and CZ Bypass Ring

Esteemed Contributor

I like these from Evine

Valued Contributor

@Adelina,

We called tales my students told "stories," too. The difference is, elementary school kids aren't trying to sell you glue paint and crushed detritus with claims of rarity. That's exactly what Jay King does, passing off dyed composite as premium, natural colored first cuts. Legally, he and HSN aren't committing fraud because the company disclosed these facts under the online item descriptions or specifications. As long as the truth is in writing, the sales pitches can be as outlandish as he wants. Composites are made from ground up lesser/potch quality stones unacceptable for jewelry, dyes and epoxy resin. Essentially they are plastic and paint. Not all the dyes are colorfast, some will transfer to your skin or clothes from perspiration or rain.