Respected Contributor

Do QVC Vendors 'Comp' Samples to Forum Members?

[ Edited ]

I recently heard that a few QVC vendors send "sample" clothing & beauty products to customers who are active in their forums to help solicit reviews. Does anyone know if this is true?

I know that's a common practice for fashion & beauty bloggers, so I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

Super Contributor

Re: Do QVC Vendors 'Comp' Samples to Forum Members?

Interesting question.  I don't have an answer. ☺  I seem to recall hearing that some social media friends of a vendor received some things to try out.

Respected Contributor

@MadameQueen

I think it's fine as long as it's disclosed.

Respected Contributor

If that's the case, I will gladly sample some Junior's Cheesecake or Croissants for QVC.  QVC:  I am here to help.

Respected Contributor

Or Grandma's Coffeecake.  Really, it's ok.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ladybug724 wrote:

If that's the case, I will gladly sample some Junior's Cheesecake or Croissants for QVC.  QVC:  I am here to help.

LOL. Me too!!! Where do we sign up?

Honored Contributor

@GraceCO wrote:

I recently heard that a few QVC vendors send "sample" clothing & beauty products to customers who are active in their forums to help solicit reviews. Does anyone know if this is true?

I know that's a common practice for fashion & beauty bloggers, so I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

where did you hear that?

I would be surprised if that where true, but you can never know

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC would never allow that.  I have not heard of any forum poster getting free items.  I think there are a few bloggers that do-ones on U tube, but I don't think it's common for them to be forum members unless they'd provide full disclosure. 

I'll gladly give reviews on IT and Tarte, LOL!

Send me some freebies!!Smiley Happy

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

Serious Skin Care sends samples of new products out to customers before a launch.  I used to get them, but haven't in a while.  I'm not sure how to get on their list anymore.

Trusted Contributor

Dear QVC Vendors. I'll take any samples you want to send. I love to eat so I'll take all the cheesecake samples anything sweet. Dont forget the variety of meats and seafood. I promise to do my happy dance. Please samples of argan oil . Love that stuff . Could you send me a photo of the lady from France with my sample. Dying to see her. Anything else you can think of just throw it in a box . I'll take it.