Honored Contributor

Dillard's brand: Investments

ECBG in particular, what is the quality of this brand?  I need lots of black pants, ivory pants and camelish and taupish pants for winters and beyond.  Is it wise to invest in this brand, or not?  The reason I ask:  I have lots of  Black RL, Eileen Fisher, and so forth but I gain and lose weight according to my steroid regimen (asthma, TN and MS).  So, I want and have several sizes in my closet.  I am tired of paying so much for a brand and using it only a few times and needing to buy another size in the same season.  Is INVESTMENTS worth buying for perhaps 3-4 wears for each pair?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dillard's brand: Investments

Your expertise is needed @ECBG!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Trusted Contributor

I am not ECBG, but I am very familiar with the brand for my two cents Smiley Happy

I have worn this brand for years as my go to for slacks for work.  I like the patterns and solids.  you will find that they offer  spring and summer weight pants, and heavier fabric during the winter.  They wash and wear well and the material does not get the little balls and peeling that some material gets.  They also offer different inseams which is very nice.  Hope this is helpful.

Honored Contributor

@Shop Till you Drop wrote:

I am not ECBG, but I am very familiar with the brand for my two cents Smiley Happy

I have worn this brand for years as my go to for slacks for work.  I like the patterns and solids.  you will find that they offer  spring and summer weight pants, and heavier fabric during the winter.  They wash and wear well and the material does not get the little balls and peeling that some material gets.  They also offer different inseams which is very nice.  Hope this is helpful.

It is most helpfuland I trust your opinion.  I will buy these.  I don't mind buying 12 pairs at this price but 12 pairs at the price of black RL or EF is more than my poor middle-class fixed income can afford.  I don't ask my daughter who is in the fashion business because she is not always objective.  THANK YOU!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I loved the Investments brand pants.  I'm not sure if they still do this but they use to have 3 different fit types.  These were also my go to pants for work.  I owned them in every neutral winter color they made and some of the prints.  The price could not be beat.  They wash wonderfully with no wrinkling so no iron needed.  They had just the right amount of stretch to them so they moved with ou but they didn't bag out and you didn't need to yank them up all day long.

I would highly recommend them. The price cannot be beat for the quality.    

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I loved the Investments brand pants.  I'm not sure if they still do this but they use to have 3 different fit types.  These were also my go to pants for work.  I owned them in every neutral winter color they made and some of the prints.  The price could not be beat.  They wash wonderfully with no wrinkling so no iron needed.  They had just the right amount of stretch to them so they moved with ou but they didn't bag out and you didn't need to yank them up all day long.

I would highly recommend them. The price cannot be beat for the quality.    

That's what I wanted to hear.  You ladies are so helpful, all of you.  I have a trip into town in the next few days and I plan to see the different fits and colors, and get them.  I am excited about a good price on great pants.

Honored Contributor

I was over the petite dept at Dillards the first year after I retired from teaching.  One thing that impressed me about the store was that while most store's "house" brands are done with lesser quality, Dillards doesn't do that.

Investments is geared to the basics a woman needs in her work life.  It is good enough for secretaries, teachers who need something that won't upset them if they should ruin them.  I wore them on the floor and they were good sellers.  I must have bought ten pair!  The ones I liked were poly/span., (not knit) called Fifth Ave.  They have a zipper.  They quit making them for a while and no one would hardly buy the pull up style.  They had to bring them back.

For the use you describe, I would think it would be fine.

My favorite lines were Antonio Melani, which was beautiful fashion forward suits and beautiful work shirts with a type of polished cotton. Gianni Bini, is the dress and casual dress for teens.  At 5' 6" I can wear the larges.  I love the tops in this brand.  Those are their highest quality house brands and well worth the money.

I had to quit because I developed sciatic nerve problems because I carried such heavy clothes.  I'm much better now, thank goodness.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I was over the petite dept at Dillards the first year after I retired from teaching.  One thing that impressed me about the store was that while most store's "house" brands are done with lesser quality, Dillards doesn't do that.

Investments is geared to the basics a woman needs in her work life.  It is good enough for secretaries, teachers who need something that won't upset them if they should ruin them.  I wore them on the floor and they were good sellers.  I must have bought ten pair!  The ones I liked were poly/span., (not knit) called Fifth Ave.  They have a zipper.  They quit making them for a while and no one would hardly buy the pull up style.  They had to bring them back.

My favorite lines were Antonio Melani, which was beautiful fashion forward suits and beautiful work shirts with a type of polished cotton. Gianni Bini, is the dress and casual dress for teens.  At 5' 6" I can wear the larges.  I love the tops in this brand.  Those are their highest quality house brands and well worth the money.

I had to quit because I developed sciatic nerve problems because I carried such heavy clothes.  I'm much better now, thank goodness.

NAME ALREADY TAKEN:  I took lots of Antonio and Gianni to the church, Salvation Army and Goodwill for donations.  I have enjoyed the blazers, skirts, shoes and especially handbags.  How nice.  Much nicer than Michael Kors for about half the price.  The shoes are a cut above J Renee or Nine West (IMHO) and the blazers are similar quality to Talbot or Ann Taylor.

Frequent Contributor

When I had to have the suited-look for work, this is what I bought. They are still in my closet and are now about 12 years old. I retired and very rarely need professional pants but occasionally I still pull these ou. t I had them altered when I lost weight and they are still going strong.

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I am also loving Dillard's and their brands. I am new to A. Melani and G. Bini but find them to be wonderful brands for me. I love shopping at Dillard's. 

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning