Honored Contributor

Re: Did QVC run out of clothes?

I turned on the am Style show on QVC 2. A couple of clothing items and a pair of shoes and then I jumped in the shower. when I got out they were doing the Emjoi mani pedi tool! LOL

Honored Contributor

Just look at what has been on-air on QVC.com. Much less time-consuming
Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo

I try to watch the Q - and they gab and gab and gab about the same top, shoes, purse, etc. Soooo boring - I have to change the channel. It's painful.

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
Just look at what has been on-air on QVC.com. Much less time-consuming

@lovesrecess

Unless you're watching the videos that accompanies the pictures you'd certainly buy a lot less! LOL the pictures rarely do the garment justice. I guess the upside is you'd save money 

I'd say the best way to watch is DVR with your finger on the fast forward! I recently purchased a Linea piece, a302602, if I'd only seen the picture I would not have purchased it

Respected Contributor

I am not really bothered by the infusion of beauty products (and I am not a big beauty shopper).  What I don't love, as others have mentioned, is the length of time spent on each item.  QVC sells so many things, I'm not sure why they linger so long on a very few items during AM Style.

Respected Contributor

Remember when they had the countdown timer on the screen to show how many more minutes they were going to spend on the item? I remember thinking geez what are they going to say for THREE more minutes! Now it's more like three items in the hour.
Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:
Remember when they had the countdown timer on the screen to show how many more minutes they were going to spend on the item? I remember thinking geez what are they going to say for THREE more minutes! Now it's more like three items in the hour.

@VanSleepy

They spend so much time on some products now - they could replace a time clock with a calendar!   Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ALRATIBA  LOL about the calendar!  Smiley Happy

@VanSleepy  I go so far back with QVC that I can remember when you had to buy the item while it was on the air.  And then they started with a few "buy anytime" during the hour items.   And the rest is history.

Trusted Contributor

I remember back when they started AM Style and PM Style they explained that it would be like a fashion magazine on-air.  It would include clothing, make-up, and hair styling ideas just like a fashion magazine.  Perhaps they need to remind viewers what the original vision was.  

Honored Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Every time I switched to AM Style .... Leah was selling some beauty product.

Every time I switch to AM Style on Q2, Jayne is selling some beauty product.

OK ... I give up.  Going to watch the Science Channel.

I agree with you ....i gave up a while back watching the "style" shows because every other product was beauty related....they would even throw in a piece of jewelry or two...............and 10 min on each item AT LEAST.....so in a hour you prob get to see 6 products...and then often they repeat one of them for the 6th product....not worth sitting an watching..................so basically i have watched only the regular fashion shows (by designer, company) ....but what amazed me the other day during a SG show they were presenting one (maybe more..i turned it off) of her statement pieces.....and then on a Joan Rivers clothing show they had at least 3 jewelry (statement pieces and pr of earrings)  presentations between the

clothing offerings................if they start showing the fashion jewelry by the designers in between the fashions

they are presenting that will def be the end of me watching any of the fashion shows.......it is bad enough that have hour after hour after hour of D & B, Clarks, 

Earth Brand, etc  shoes & accessories and then throw them into the fashion hours also.....it should be definate clear  stated items in a certain hour...... and an hour for each type of item such as ....shoes,pocketbooks, fashions, beauty, fashion jewelry...etc.....i am tired of turning in and seeing only a couple items i maybe interested in and a bunch of stuff 

not related be thrown into the hour....

@kelsey17  That’s why I record the shows. The FF button is almost worn out. Lol