Contributor

I have ordered 7 items lately and have had to return

all of them. Think how much I could have bought

with the money I've paid in return shipping. The sizing

seems way off for some reason. I LOVE to watch

QVC and shop but think I might have to part ways

and it is sad{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Valued Contributor

I wait until I have at least a couple clothing items to return and then return them in ONE package with ONE label -- that way I am only charged $6.95. Just make sure you're in the 30-day return range.

And if something is clearly not sized as stated online, mark "defective" on the label and you will not be charged return shipping. For example, if the chest measurement is supposed to be 35 and it's 40, then simply write that on the return. You are not getting what you paid for and they will make it right. If more people started doing this then perhaps more attention would be paid to correct sizing.

Contributor

Thank you so much. I did not know about the defective. It states that you are to return in the envelope in which it came, so that is what I've been doing. However, it gets very expensive at $6.95 per return. Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.

Super Contributor

Sounds like maybe you'll be getting ""the letter"". I think I'd quit buying off tv.

Valued Contributor
On 8/21/2014 mrskey said:

Thank you so much. I did not know about the defective. It states that you are to return in the envelope in which it came, so that is what I've been doing. However, it gets very expensive at $6.95 per return. Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.

I've put as many as 6 clothing items in one bag! Believe me, I rarely send back one at a time.

Trusted Contributor

I have been having trouble with sizing as well. I have sent back tried and true items because they have been way too big. Unfortunately, I have not lost weight!!

Esteemed Contributor
On 8/21/2014 Lanikins said:

I wait until I have at least a couple clothing items to return and then return them in ONE package with ONE label -- that way I am only charged $6.95. Just make sure you're in the 30-day return range.

And if something is clearly not sized as stated online, mark "defective" on the label and you will not be charged return shipping. For example, if the chest measurement is supposed to be 35 and it's 40, then simply write that on the return. You are not getting what you paid for and they will make it right. If more people started doing this then perhaps more attention would be paid to correct sizing.

This is exactly what I do - in fact I was told by CS that when I used the label for the defective product, if I was sending something else back (whether or not that product was defective), it could "ride along for free". They said I could write on the package or on the edge of the label how many items are in the package.

I DO go into the post office to leave my package and ask for "proof of mailing". They will scan the labels and give you a receipt. That way, if I ever have something not show up back at QVC, I do have proof that I actually mailed it.

And you are correct - I've had so many sizing issues with the actual garment not being the measurements from either the "click here" or the sizing chart. I always call CS and tell them the exact measurements, how much it is off from what the charts show, and they tell me to mark it defective. This has happened way too much lately, so I'm no longer purchasing clothes unless it's something I just can't live without--and not much would fit that description!

Super Contributor

In all my years shopping here, catalogs and other websites ... I've had size issues only twice ... and I exchanged for another size.

Contributor

thank you to everyone for your help.

Again, I really appreciate it.

Super Contributor

That's too bad you've had sizing problems, it happens to all of us at one time or another. However I have to ask why you are sad? QVC is just another business that sells clothing. Just another store except they broadcast on your tv set, and has a website where you can order clothing (just like a lot of other sites).

I guess I'm not understand the part where you're sad because you've figured out that QVC shopping isn't for you because you can't seem to get the right size and have tried 7 times. I think after 7 times of having a bad sizing experience, I'd stop ordering clothing from them.

I have sizing or color difference issues every now and then, but not often. Once in a great while, I'll get something that is either defective or damaged. But that happens rarely. My overall experience with QVC clothing is pretty good, I have pretty good luck with most items. I have learned, which items just don't work for me size-wise and don't order those taking a chance they won't fit and I'd have to return.

It's too bad you can not find the right size but I think I'd just move on and find another place to buy clothing if I were you, I'd certainly not feel sad. Good luck, I hope you find what you're looking for. There are so many options out there for really cute clothing! And that is good news because that can make you happy!