Esteemed Contributor

Dennis Basso just said . . .

He has been selected by the Fashion Institute of Technology as their Desgner of the Year AND that QVC has been selected as their Retailer of the year. Not sure if that was for public consumption yet.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dennis Basso just said . . .

Not to take anything away from Dennis Basso or QVC, nice award but I imagine there are many awards out there by lots of organizations for top this and top that.  The Fashion Institute of Tech can award to designer but why retailer?  A bit confused.  

Honored Contributor

He's on national TV -  it's public!

An aside -  Saturday as I sat in the salon waiting for my hair color to set, I leafed through some big glossy magazine.  Four of Dennis' gowns were part of a bigger feature.  I didn't recognize the other three names nor did I see prices anywhere, but I'd think all of them were in the thousands.  Defnnitely high runway.  I always forget he has this other part of his business, probably aimed at the same clientele as his real furs??  Whoever they're for, what I saw was stunning.

Honored Contributor

The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) and the FIT Foundation will honor Dennis Basso, John and Laura Pomerantz, and QVC at FIT’s annual gala, which will take place on Monday, May 9, 2016, in the Grand Ballroom at The Plaza in New York. The black-tie event will begin with cocktails at 7 pm, followed by the program and dinner. 

Because they believe in the transformative power of education and in the talent that is nurtured at FIT, QVC is establishing a scholarship fund at FIT that will provide seven scholarships a year of $5,000 each for four years to students who come from the countries in which QVC operates. Jill Martin, contributor to NBC’s TODAY and creative director of QVC’s G.I.L.I. got it love it® contemporary fashion and accessories line, will present the Retailer of the Year Award to QVC CEO Mike George.

http://news.fitnyc.edu/2016/02/18/dennis-basso-john-and-laura-pomerantz-and-qvc-to-be-honored-at-fit...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I wonder if this has anything to do with the designers like Brad who came off of Fashion Runway?

Super Contributor

Congratulations to Dennis and QVC!