Esteemed Contributor

Re: Denim & Company wouldn't be so bad...

I can buy a Supima cotton SS T shirt at Land's End for $19.00 at full price. QVC wants $19.50 for their cotton SS T shirt from D&C. Land's End is always and I mean always having 25% off sales and offering free shipping. QVC wouldn't know a sale if one slapped them in the face and the S&H on their T shirt is $5.72. I can understand buying from QVC if the item is so distinctive and cannot be obtained anywhere else but to spend money purchasing basic items that I can get elsewhere for substantially less makes no sense to me.
Trusted Contributor

On 1/21/2014 Raider Fan said:

For quite a while I have been feeling that d&co should halt their continuous rise in prices. Not that long ago you could still buy a quality t-shirt for a reasonable price. The quality has gone down and the price keeps going up. This is a no brainer for the Q, they need to do something and incorporating Sports Savvy into the line makes it worse because that line actually did sell quality stuff and now, relabeled "active wear" does not. I worry about this.

There's no reason to worry about this. If QVC doesn't keep their quality, selection, and prices in line, you can "do something" -- like shop some of the other excellent sources (online or in stores) that offer better selection, quality and value without QVC's exhorbitant shipping costs. Talk about "no brainers".........

Honored Contributor

I just got some great Gap turtleneck tunics for $12 (regular price $44) plus free shipping.

They are their eversoft line and are great quality.

I just spent a little over $50 and got 5 great sweaters!

Regular Contributor

I have several Denim & Co. items and I don't think they are poor quality, outrageously priced (besides shipping), or don't hold up. I've had some t-shirts for years and they still look great. I love the quality of their t-shirts. They no longer carry jeans that I like, I've had to go to another brand for that, but all in all, it's stuff I can't find elsewhere. I also have some very cute dressier shirts that I wear to work that I don't really see them putting out anymore. I went to LL Bean (as I have a credit there) and there are no measurements for the t-shirts, at least QVC gives measurements, so I will wait until the Q brings back their short-sleeve t-shirts for the summer.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/21/2014 MrsLorraine said:
On 1/20/2014 kachina624 said: Mrs. Loraine, you've been writing posts denigrating QVC fashions, especially D&C at least once a week. OK, we get it; you don't like them. So go do your shopping at L.L. Bean, Lands End, Goodwill or wherever you like and cut the criticism so those of us who like it can enjoy it in peace. I happen to be quite happy with my D&C merchandise and don't need your financial or fashion advice. You apologized, now drop it.

kachina, you don't understand the purpose of an internet message board. It IS for rants; I didn't apologize for the rant, just that it was another rant after a similar one a short time ago. I'll denigrate Denim & Company all I want to and if WEBBIE has a problem with it, it'll get pulled.

You, on the other hand, are free to ignore me.

Run along, now, and tattle to the webmaster.

MrsLorraine, you told it like it is. Kinda like all the people who tell us if we don't like a host, or vendor, or whatever, "turn the channel" - she can go to another discussion if she doesn't like this one. These boards ARE, after all, to discuss and give our opinions about things, not to put down the people who have differing opinions from ours. Although, unfortunately, sometimes I think the main reason some people get on here is to denigrate and put down the other posters - it must give them a rush!{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/28/2014 kittymomNC said:
On 1/21/2014 MrsLorraine said:
On 1/20/2014 kachina624 said: Mrs. Loraine, you've been writing posts denigrating QVC fashions, especially D&C at least once a week. OK, we get it; you don't like them. So go do your shopping at L.L. Bean, Lands End, Goodwill or wherever you like and cut the criticism so those of us who like it can enjoy it in peace. I happen to be quite happy with my D&C merchandise and don't need your financial or fashion advice. You apologized, now drop it.

kachina, you don't understand the purpose of an internet message board. It IS for rants; I didn't apologize for the rant, just that it was another rant after a similar one a short time ago. I'll denigrate Denim & Company all I want to and if WEBBIE has a problem with it, it'll get pulled.

You, on the other hand, are free to ignore me.

Run along, now, and tattle to the webmaster.

MrsLorraine, you told it like it is. Kinda like all the people who tell us if we don't like a host, or vendor, or whatever, "turn the channel" - she can go to another discussion if she doesn't like this one. These boards ARE, after all, to discuss and give our opinions about things, not to put down the people who have differing opinions from ours. Although, unfortunately, sometimes I think the main reason some people get on here is to denigrate and put down the other posters - it must give them a rush!{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

ITA but don't try posting any criticism whatsoever on the LInea board. You cannot post any complaints about fit, sizing, fabric, or design. Heck, you cannot even say that a particular article of clothing would not look good on your particular body because you haven't actually. Ordered it and tried it on. They will ride you out of town on a rail. Those ladies are scary.
Esteemed Contributor

One thing I will give D&C is that most things I've ever bought have been quality commensurate with what I expected. Some have even exceeded my expectations.

I'm going to laugh out loud everytime I see JC Penny listed as a better clothing option than QVC. I don't usually shop there, but on a whim for exploration went into JC Penny store recently. I bought a cotton Liz Claiborne turtleneck. The story is the seam of the sweater split in the unlikely spot on the ball of the shoulder. What a piece of junk. Unfortunately since the sweater was on sale and the Penney's store is in a suburban mall I will not be returning to any time soon I will stitch it and wear the sweater around the house. BTW: my opinion is I was unimpressed overall, and the fashion departments were lackluster. I can understand fully now why this store is struggling.