Honored Contributor

Re: Denim & Company wouldn't be so bad...

~~

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I don't find D&Co to be particularly stylish (there are a few exceptions, however), but the quality has always seemed good to me. I have had quality issues with Lands End though. Blanket statements generally are not accurate.
Contributor

I've been happy with the quality. I watch for the sales and Lunchtime specials. I love the selection, quality, fit and the fact I don't see myself coming and going at work, church, etc. Mall shopping tends to be more expensive for me because of all of the little "extras" we pick up along the way there and back.
Trusted Contributor

I've always relied on Denim & Co for casual tops for years now. The quality was decent and they washed well etc. I'm not happy with what I'm seeing now though. The tops seem to me to be shorter and boxier, yes even more than before-Smiley Happy There is very little I'm finding these days and that is disappointing to me. I liked the convenience of finding a top here and ordering and be done with it. I've sent more back than I've kept lately.

Occasional Contributor

Poorly-constructed maternity pants, made in China. In ugly colors no less, like that coral. Not fashionable in the least.

Honored Contributor

Whatever. I buy D&Co, mostly casual wear for warmer weather months and I have absolutely no problems at all with price, quality or selection. I find things here that just aren't available out in b&m stores. Plus everything comes to me in pristine condition, delivered right to my door. Please. Schlepping through malls is in my rear view mirror...

Esteemed Contributor

I have a lot of Denim & Co. and I like and wear most of the things I bought. Yes the prices have gone up, but so has everyone else's. I think the quality is good for the price. I recently bought t-shirts at Lands' End that I like (that were very reasonable), and tops from LL Bean. I bought 3 of the exact same top from LL Bean. One fits fine, but the sleeves on the other two are too tight. I am going to return them because I don't wear them for that reason. It is good to have multiple places to shop, but none of them are perfect.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Occasional Contributor

On 1/21/2014 MrsLorraine said:
On 1/20/2014 kachina624 said: Mrs. Loraine, you've been writing posts denigrating QVC fashions, especially D&C at least once a week. OK, we get it; you don't like them. So go do your shopping at L.L. Bean, Lands End, Goodwill or wherever you like and cut the criticism so those of us who like it can enjoy it in peace. I happen to be quite happy with my D&C merchandise and don't need your financial or fashion advice. You apologized, now drop it.

kachina, you don't understand the purpose of an internet message board. It IS for rants; I didn't apologize for the rant, just that it was another rant after a similar one a short time ago. I'll denigrate Denim & Company all I want to and if WEBBIE has a problem with it, it'll get pulled.

You, on the other hand, are free to ignore me.

Run along, now, and tattle to the webmaster.

What ??? Since when? Message boards were created for exchange of ideas and general information. Obviously, nobody else in your life will listen to your constant whining so you feel the need to complain constantly on these boards. Every post I see from you is negative, degrating, or a slam against QVC. So why be here? You don't have to agree with everything, but geez, you seem to be one unhappy human being. You must live under a rock if you think costs haven't gone up in the last 3 to 4 years. You can't expect to pay yesterday's prices. I buy a lot from LLBean and the cheaper t's at $20 never last. The more expensive $40 ({#emotions_dlg.ohmy}) casual tops are better quality equivalent to a D&C top so your point has no merit.

Super Contributor

I had pretty much stopped buying D&C when they dropped the 100% cotton tops, but I have been very happy with my last three purchases.

My Go-To skirt this past summer was the Denim & Co. Classic Waist Colored Denim Skirt (A224391). I have it in Aqua Blue Denim, Summer Green Denim, and White Denim. If they had a true coral, I would break my "year without clothes shopping" fast to purchase it.

My Go-To skirt this fall winter has been the Denim & Co. Faux Suede Tiered Long Skirt (A217615). I have the Deep Wine, Classic Green, and Navy. I was debating about the black, but I have two other black skirts (one Dialogue and one D&C), and I very rarely wear black.

I have also been very happy with the Denim & Co. Faux Suede Jacket w/ Sherpa Lining & Pockets (A238064). I bought the Dark Pine Green when it was the TSV. If I could justify buying another coat, and/or if it had a hood, I would be tempted to pick up another color.

Like previous posters have pointed out, nearly all lines/stores are hit or miss. Although there seems to be little quality control, women's "ready to wear" has always been a crapshoot.

(edited to correct errror in grammar)

Respected Contributor

Oh my gosh ... so true. This year I got several tops from Land's End. Great quality, fit, and feel. Same with Target Merona brand. They all launder beautifully. I am a happy camper. Average price per top in both places, 12 - 13 dollars. Forget D&C.