Honored Contributor

Re: Denim & Co Mom Jeans!! Ugh!

@jonbon wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@BriggsiePeawiggle wrote:

They are hideous.

@BriggsiePeawiggle     They must be designed by a man.  I can't imagine a women would design anything like that!

That kind of waistband treatment would be really painful if you tried to bend over to pick something up .... or sit for any length of time.

Actually, it's not. It's very similar to the waistband on a yoga pant. I have several pairs of shorts from Jag that have a similar waistband. In fact, I'm wearing a pair now. They are super comfortable. Of course, I would NEVER tuck anything into them, but nobody would ever know that they aren't button fly jeans when I wear them.

@jonbon   I have some yoga pants like that and I agree with you ... but these are denim - definitely not as stretchy as yoga pants.  I did have a pair of jeans with this sort of waistband and I almost "died" the first time I wore them and bent down to tie my shoes.  I had to pull them down, tie my shoes and then pull them back up.

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@BriggsiePeawiggle wrote:

They are hideous.

@BriggsiePeawiggle     They must be designed by a man.  I can't imagine a women would design anything like that!

That kind of waistband treatment would be really painful if you tried to bend over to pick something up .... or sit for any length of time.

Actually, it's not. It's very similar to the waistband on a yoga pant. I have several pairs of shorts from Jag that have a similar waistband. In fact, I'm wearing a pair now. They are super comfortable. Of course, I would NEVER tuck anything into them, but nobody would ever know that they aren't button fly jeans when I wear them.

@jonbon   I have some yoga pants like that and I agree with you ... but these are denim - definitely not as stretchy as yoga pants.  I did have a pair of jeans with this sort of waistband and I almost "died" the first time I wore them and bent down to tie my shoes.  I had to pull them down, tie my shoes and then pull them back up.

What can I say? Mine (denim and a few colors of twill) are very stretchy and in no way uncomfortable. Jags are very popular, and I can't imagine the jeans would sell as well as they do if they weren't comfortable.

Respected Contributor

I was channel surfing in the middle of the night and saw a presentation.  I was not in any way tempted to order them, but I didn't think they looked that bad on the models.  But I did notice they all had on either a very long top or a jacket or something covering their mid sections.  It gave me the impression they must not be very flattering in that area.  In the presentation I saw, they didn't look skin tight on anyone.

I wish I could find a pair of elastic waist jeans that fit well and were flattering.  Just so the waist would be flat under certain tops. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The hosts that I have seen are all wearing the dark denim or the black and you can not see how they fit. I am watching Jill and it looks like it bags in the crotch and then in the knees. I do not like the style of these pants and the pockets look strange. The waistband would be a problem for me because I don't like that type of waist. I wear jeans that have buttons and zippers. These are the only ones that fit nice. I do buy my jeans at Kohl's. I like the GV "Amanda". They come in short and I don't have to hem them. The jeans only cost me $18.00 after the discounts. You can not beat the prices or the quality. I have started buying my clothing at Kohl's because the pricing is right. I have a casual lifestyle. The inseam is too long. I am 5' and need a 26 1/2". I can not believe that they are telling people you need to wiggle into these pants. It sounds like they are not dealing with a full deck. I wonder if Gary would like to have pants that he needed to wiggle into to get the proper fit!!!! I guess people don't care how you have to get into these pants.

Honored Contributor

I just tuned in and caught a presentation.  Oh my.

Jill mentioned wearing your couture leather jacket with the dark denim.  That's a bit of a stretch. Don't forget once you pull them up to your hips, you have to shimmy into them.

Honored Contributor

They must be hiding something,,,,,,,,,,,,I haven't seen them give the models' measurements and the sizes that they are wearing yet. None of them (except one, split second briefly) lifted their shirts to show their tummies and waistline. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

@elated Do you shop at Costco? Costco has had Amanda jeans on sale for $9.99 and no shipping on their website. I bought three pairs.

Valued Contributor

old school
Super Contributor

Gatorgirl-Hysterical!!

Esteemed Contributor

I do not shop at Costco. I may have to go. The one that is near my house is about 14 miles one way. Sam's Club is near my house but do not carry those jeans.