Valued Contributor

Re: Denim & Co Mom Jeans!! Ugh!

They are hideous.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The words "Tummy Pooch" and "Perma-Wedgie" come to mind. LOL I am getting a bad visual in my mirror LOL

Esteemed Contributor

There was a denim TSV a few years ago with this "how slimming" waistline.  I bought three pairs.  I liked them at first, didn't even have to wiggle them up.  But after awhile, the waistband bugged me.  The very top of it, where the elastic is, would fold over.  Maybe I gained a few pounds and that was the problem.  But they have all been donated.  I won't buy any pants with the waistline again.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

I remember the days when the TSV's were exciting and something to look forward to. Not for me. I gave away those kind of jeans a long time ago.

Everyone who does a TSV should look at it as a chance to offer a real WOW!

Last number I heard sold was 45,000. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

I remember the days when the TSV's were exciting and something to look forward to. Not for me. I gave away those kind of jeans a long time ago.

Everyone who does a TSV should look at it as a chance to offer a real WOW!

Last number I heard sold was 45,000. Smiley Sad

Totally flabbergasted by the number sold.  I wonder how many will come back.

Honored Contributor

The number sold doesn't surprise me in the least. As I said earlier, these look very much like so many Diane Gilman pull-on jeans in various cuts that sells sometimes 100k+. 

I still haven't seen a presentation and the video keeps freezing on my computer but I still maintain that from what I have been able to see, these are not a straight leg jean. A straight leg jean should fall straight from the hip and these don't. They are much skinnier from the knee down.       

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

The number sold doesn't surprise me in the least. As I said earlier, these look very much like so many Diane Gilman pull-on jeans in various cuts that sells sometimes 100k+. 

I still haven't seen a presentation and the video keeps freezing on my computer but I still maintain that from what I have been able to see, these are not a straight leg jean. A straight leg jean should fall straight from the hip and these don't. They are much skinnier from the knee down.       

Agree.  This morning Jayne Brown did call them a slimmer leg jean but emphasized that they are not leggings.

Honored Contributor

@BriggsiePeawiggle wrote:

They are hideous.

@BriggsiePeawiggle     They must be designed by a man.  I can't imagine a women would design anything like that!

That kind of waistband treatment would be really painful if you tried to bend over to pick something up .... or sit for any length of time.

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@BriggsiePeawiggle wrote:

They are hideous.

@BriggsiePeawiggle     They must be designed by a man.  I can't imagine a women would design anything like that!

That kind of waistband treatment would be really painful if you tried to bend over to pick something up .... or sit for any length of time.

Actually, it's not. It's very similar to the waistband on a yoga pant. I have several pairs of shorts from Jag that have a similar waistband. In fact, I'm wearing a pair now. They are super comfortable. Of course, I would NEVER tuck anything into them, but nobody would ever know that they aren't button fly jeans when I wear them.

Respected Contributor

I haven't seen pants this awful since the Isaac Mizrahi TSV last week or so. It is like a pant rut. Next thing coming our way is probably the "no wiggle no jiggle" version.  Gah.