Esteemed Contributor

DO YOU WEAR KHAKI WOVEN PANTS?

I don't. I guess I have some sort of weird hang-up about them.

For one thing, my Dad wore them often (casually and I think he called them Suntans) so I equate them to masculine attire. (I told you it was a weird hang-up!).

And then they were the uniform du jour back in the late 90's? We all wore khaki pants, a white tank and a blue denim shirt. It was such a popular look I think I wore it one too many times!

I am thinking about re-introducing khaki pants back into my wardrobe. Do you wear them? If so, care to share how you might put an outfit together?

Super Contributor

Re: DO YOU WEAR KHAKI WOVEN PANTS?

Yes - LandsEnd chinos - tank top and button front shirt tied at waist - or polo. With the right color combinations and accessories, doesn't look masculine at all.

Honored Contributor

Yes, but not rough "workman's" khakis. Susan Graver made a wonder soft, silky, dressy khaki pant and since my weight yo-yo's; I own those pants in 3 different sizes. They were made like a trouser jean with full leg but not a big wide leg. I love them. I wear them with white tees, white shirts, white tanks. I dress them up, dress them down. It's the only khaky pant that has ever worked for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Never have. Never will.

Frequent Contributor

Never.

I have never seen a pair on a woman that was flattering. Just a very dated look.

or it looks like you're going to work.

Contributor

I have some khaki's from the gap and the last few weeks I've been wearing my cords. Usually with white, navy or red. They are good and warm.

Frequent Contributor

No, don't wear them because they scream "uniform" to me, and I'm just not a khaki pants kinda girl. They're too boring to me.
Super Contributor

I have a full-length pair from LOFT that I wear in the spring and summer. They are actually more of a stone color, but I still refer to them as khaki pants. I have the same pair of pants in black.

Here are a few tops I wear with the khaki pants:

Ann Taylor navy & white striped boatneck T-shirt with 3/4 sleeves; nude wedge sandals

Banana Republic orange long cardigan, white T, and print scarf in shades of chambray blue/orange/khaki/white; nude wedge sandals

Ann Taylor black blouson knit top with 3/4 sleeves; strappy black patent wedge sandals

Chico's chambray shirt-jacket (w/drawstring waist) worn over an orange tank; nude wedge sandals

I think you need to add a pair to your closet, magic!

Honored Contributor

I do wear them, but I'm in "corduroy" season now. I usually pair them with a cardigan, tank and fitted jacket, scarf, lightweight sweater, short sleeve turtleneck or sweater, or oxford.

Respected Contributor

I wear tan pants at least once a week. I'm not sure what ""woven"" is.