Honored Contributor

DISAPPOINTING NORDSTROM ANNIV. SALE CATALOG!!

[ Edited ]

Good morning fashion ladies.  I just received my Nordies catalog, and for the first time in years, I'm VERY disappointed.  I know many have stated the sales are not as good as they used to be, but I didn't start doing some more "major" shopping there until the past 4 years or so.

I always, in the past, have found so many items I wanted.  This year---ugggh--found perhaps one pair of booties I liked.  I'll probably cave on a few makeup specials, but that's it.  I'm so over the riding boots, and it looks like they have riding boots and over the knee boots.

I already own one pair of Vince Camuto over the knee boots I purchased on a good sale at HSN a few years ago.  I certainly don't need another pair.  I've been hoping Nordstrom would have a black "dress" boot about 2.5 or 3 inches high, and I just can't find it.

I hope others find more items they like, but for once, I'll be saving a lot of money.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Contributor

Re: DISAPPOINTING NORDSTROM ANNIV. SALE CATALOG!!

I agree, the catalog is a major disappointment for me.

Trusted Contributor

I haven't received mine yet.  I'm hoping for a Michele watch (got one last year that I like that was an exclusive). One year it was a great Burberry exclusive. I'm hoping for those brands again!  I'm not optimistic after hearing of disappointment.   Too bad the anniversary sale use to be the best sale event of the year in retail. 

Super Contributor

Exactly what I thought when I opened it up. I was looking for sweaters and layering pieces. Not much at all. A couple of things in the beauty section caught my eye and that was it. Hoping for more to see online. 

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't received mine ...

Esteemed Contributor

I saw it online and like you I wasn't blown away. There was nothing special for me. I will buying a pair of Rag and Bone shoes, but that's about it.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

I was very disappointed last year, I remember buying nothing.  I have not gotten mine yet, but maybe we just do not need so much anymore?

Esteemed Contributor

Good to know it wasn't just me feeling this way.  ☺️

Honored Contributor

All I am really looking for are a couple of new handbags and some cashmere.  I did see a v-neck cashmere sweater that looked promising.  

Esteemed Contributor

The Halogen sweater with lace sleeves and the dress with the lace top were cute.