Honored Contributor

Re: DG2 TSV Ponte Knit Blazer

I like, it defintely isn't a dated look.  It's a classic blazer that never goes out of style.   QVC was showing a big  long oversized blazer not too long ago.  Now that was dated, it looked something Elaine wore on Seinfeld.  I thought about the DG blazer but I don't hav blazer lifestyle anymore.  

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I like, it defintely isn't a dated look.  It's a classic blazer that never goes out of style.   QVC was showing a big  long oversized blazer not too long ago.  Now that was dated, it looked something Elaine wore on Seinfeld.  I thought about the DG blazer but I don't hav blazer lifestyle anymore.  

I see the "dated" comment frequently around here. People do realize, don't they, that when something comes back around in fashion, it isn't dated? Like the oversized blazer to which you're referring -- it is not dated if it is currently back in style ... which that blazer is. I just saw an entire spread in some magazine showing longer, oversized blazers on celebs. Same with some of the comments about something looking like Madonna; well, yeah, a lot of that 80s stuff is back in style right now. I think that's the problem. Sometimes people commenting don't know what's currently "in."

Respected Contributor

It’s ok, but I am not interested in wearing a formal blazer unless I am going to the office to work- Since I work from home (lucky and grateful), I dress casually every day!  Despite what DG says, I really don’t think it matters what they’ are wearing in Paris or Milan... 

Honored Contributor

I almost bought this.  I’ve been wanting a black knit blazer ever since Brook Shields brought one to QVC a while back.  Hers was sold out in my size. 

Just before placing my order with HSN, I checked to see if Brook’s blazer had been restocked.  It had!   It cost one cent more than Diane’s TS, and I like it more.   It’s more fitted.  

I live a casual lifestyle, but like to wear blazers with jeans and tees. 

Honored Contributor

I like shorter, more fitted blazers, in brighter colors. They’re more flattering for me.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I like the blazer it's a classic. It's just not a practical purchase for me since I already picked up two of the last TS! Besides the one I like, the mushroom plaid, probably won't go well with my coloring. I look terrible in brown

Respected Contributor

Imtep - Diane's got super long arms, a short waist and soft (rounded) shoulders....

Structured clothing isn't her friend.

However, considering she's approaching late 70's and a cancer survivor, she looks great.

Her personality could use a boost of decency....- she's a bit abrupt.

Esteemed Contributor

To me, classic/traditional clothing will always be in style.   I need a new boyfriend blazer to wear with jeans and sweaters, and this one looks almost perfect for me.  I decided to give it a try - I ordered the Glen Plaid to wear with my black skinny jeans and dress slacks.  I hope it works.  If not, it goes back.   If it fits me well, I'll probably wish I'd bought more than one.   

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Regular Contributor

I purchased the tan plaid one. It looks very Ralph Lauren to me. I will wear it with my tall Frye boots, skinny jeans, and a plain tee shirt.
Honored Contributor

I'm not a blazer person so this didn't appeal to me.

I actually liked the ponte trousers.  I've had DG ponte in the past and it is superb.  They are still at a slightly reduced price so I may order the solid black.