Valued Contributor

Re: CuddlDuds - how to keep from pilling?

I don't have any CuddleDuds, but I don't have a problem with pilling on anything.

I wash everything on cold and only tumble in the dryer for a few minutes.  I think hot water and heat drom the dryer destroys clothing more than anything else. 

Honored Contributor

@Julie_23

Maybe the link below from Goodhouskeeping will help.

#3 on their list to prevent pilling is to turn items inside out.

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/institute/a19518/tips-preventing-clothing-pilling/

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

I bought the TSV and my pill terribly. There are fuzz balls all over everything I touch (my chair, etc.)  The drawstring also frayed.  I wash and dry according to directions. Very poor quality.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wash mine normally and dry them the same way, and included with my normal everyday wash.with no problems at all

My items are not the TSV  and now I am glad my TSV purchase never arrived here  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@CHATTY wrote:

I bought the TSV and my pill terribly. There are fuzz balls all over everything I touch (my chair, etc.)  The drawstring also frayed.  I wash and dry according to directions. Very poor quality.

DITTO!

Respected Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

I wash mine normally and dry them the same way, and included with my normal everyday wash.with no problems at all

My items are not the TSV  and now I am glad my TSV purchase never arrived here  Smiley Happy

I have several Cuddl Duds fleece tops and two sets of their fleec pjs.  (None came from QVC.)  I don't do anything special with them when they are washed either.  I just don't put them in the dryer.  LOL, infact, the only things I put in the dryer are towels and sheets. 

Valued Contributor

JC Penney has Cuddi Duds for one half off. 

Honored Contributor

I've had a piling problem with the Cuddle Dud cartigans sold here.  They pill at "rub points" like under the arm to wrist, and elbow to side.  I finally threw the solid color one away.  It looked horrible.

I do like the feel better than the D & C fleece shirts from a few years ago.

A267447

Cuddl Duds Fleecewear Stretch Long Sleeve Wrap with Hood - A267447

I had a pair from about 15-20 years ago that never did this. Now Mine were ruined the first time I wore them Smiley Sad Probably made in China now...

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes "pilling" means leaving little fabric balls, and sometimes it means that the fabric isn't smooth anymore. I'm not sure which is the case here. I love Cuddl Duds for their warmth, comfort and fit. I've found that the stretch fleece pajamas leave little fabric balls for a couple of washes (on cold), but after that they are fine (and super warm). The $19 stretch fleece leggings don't quite have the smooth fabric they were at first, but I don't care because it's not noticeable and that's not why I bought them. I'm retired and wear them at home for comfort and warmth or doing a few errands, and for that they are great. Cuddl Duds are comfort wear - that's it. They don't require hand washing - just a gentle cycle and fluff in the dryer. I have 7 pair of Cuddl Duds leggings - wash them all weekly, and they are still soft and warm. That's what they're made for! BTW - I've bought the leggings elsewhere, and they are not the same thickness that I've bought from QVC. Just saying and JMO.