Occasional Contributor

I love cotton in the summer. Not cotton with spandex, not cotton with rayon or any other synthetic material. Just 100% cotton. As for French terry, It's a fabric that's too warm for me in Spring and Summer.  I know there's different weights of French terry but when it's in the 80s and the humidity is high, I won't wear either French terry or cotton even with the smallest amount of a synthetic material. I usually shop in stores where there's a large selection of natural fibers.

Honored Contributor

Both Denim &  Co.  And Quacker Factory make 100% cotton tees for summer., although many people prefer something mixed with the cotton to cut down on wrinkling. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

While cotton is nice, I don't like the shrinkage and wrinkles I have experienced with most cotton items...no matter how much care I take with washing.

Respected Contributor

A little polyester allows the garment to keep its color instead of fading so dramatically when it's 100% cotton,  (the deep colors like black and navy are terrible) and they should give a Nobel prize to the inventor of spandex when added to Cotton! 

Actually I think these two things make cotton feel cooler surprisingly. I actually think 100% cotton is warmer.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cotton and French terry

[ Edited ]

I own some french terry garments which are actually cooler in summer than 100% cotton because the synthetic additives to the fabric allow for more wicking.  Sometimes I find 100% cotton knit to be bulky, and it can feel heavy in hot weather. The exceptions for me are cotton voile and gauze.  For those fabrics the cotton is specifically spun to be light and airy. 

Honored Contributor

@runvus wrote:

I love cotton in the summer. Not cotton with spandex, not cotton with rayon or any other synthetic material. Just 100% cotton. As for French terry, It's a fabric that's too warm for me in Spring and Summer.  I know there's different weights of French terry but when it's in the 80s and the humidity is high, I won't wear either French terry or cotton even with the smallest amount of a synthetic material. I usually shop in stores where there's a large selection of natural fibers.

@runvus

I love cotton and natural fibers also, but have a difficult time finding items. Would you be so kind to share where you find cotton items? 

Thank you

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am a cotton person also, there are several companies that sell cotton that are made in the usa.Fresh produce, blue canoe.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I buy my t shirts in places other than QVC  for 2 reasons - one is QVC charges way too much for a t shirt and two is I prefer a poly cotton blend or all cotton over the cotton span QVC promotes

I have been buying my t shirts at Woman within for a few years now - $14 - wear like iron, never fade and come in many styles - crew necks - v necks - scoop necks - 3/4 sleeve - short sleeve - tanks - henleys. Many colors prints. Also tunics or regular lengths. They call them perfect tees , and they are.

As for the TSV today - I am not a fan of knit bottoms. They cling to you and emphasize every little imperfection.I also think they are much too expensive for me.