Honored Contributor

Re: Clothing Lines At QVC - Days Gone By

Remember Gary Collins selling men's sweaters?

Occasional Contributor

Smiley HappyI really liked Sport Savy clothing sets.  I still have a few of the sets.The price was great;

Esteemed Contributor

Greenhouse ~ you reminded me that I still have one of those Jessica Holbrook washable suede jackets.  I wear it fall and spring with jeans to run around town.  It still looks like new and has never lost a button or ripped a seam - and it must be at least 12 years old!    Ladies on these boards used to make fun of the Jessica Holbrook brand and I could never understand why.  It's one of my favorite jackets. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tototwo wrote:

Greenhouse ~ you reminded me that I still have one of those Jessica Holbrook washable suede jackets.  I wear it fall and spring with jeans to run around town.  It still looks like new and has never lost a button or ripped a seam - and it must be at least 12 years old!    Ladies on these boards used to make fun of the Jessica Holbrook brand and I could never understand why.  It's one of my favorite jackets. 

@tototwo    Good example of how you shouldn't care what others think of your clothing choices.  You've enjoyed that jacket for all this time - so that's great and it was an excellent investment of your money.

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono these are lovely and one thing that stands out to me is the modest necklines on most of these. Necklines on the tops I've been seeing everywhere lately have stretched-out-looking necklines (like they've been hung on hangers too long) and this is a deal-breaker for me. I don't want to HAVE TO wear a scarf to cover up all that exposed skin at the neck or to fill in the space because it just doesn't look right bare. A top or pullover sweater should be able to stand on its own, IMO, and accessories should be OPTIONAL.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee -  I am not familiar with the earlier brand but had my share of SB.  I thought wearing themed sweaters was fun and still do but my SBs were donated so I wear QF more subdued.  Do you still wear a SB occasionally?  I think a lot of the ugly sweaters are cute...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Clothing Lines At QVC - Days Gone By,

@tototwo wrote:

@tototwo - I had so many of JH suede jackets and I loved them.  After you washed them, they were even better! You just couldn't kill them!  The only reason I don't have them today was because my size changed.  I wore them to work in NYC in a corporate office with a skirt when a suit was not necessary and always received compliments.  It was a well made jacket compared to some of the junk sold today, IMHO.  I had a few of Dennis Basso longer washable suede jackets too from that era but they didn't wash or wear well. JH was a great brand and I don't understand why ladies would mock them.  If they sold them today, I would still buy them. 

Honored Contributor

@Greenhouse wrote:

@Pearlee -  I am not familiar with the earlier brand but had my share of SB.  I thought wearing themed sweaters was fun and still do but my SBs were donated so I wear QF more subdued.  Do you still wear a SB occasionally?  I think a lot of the ugly sweaters are cute...

@Stray   I do, but rarely and usually for holidays rather than at any other time.  I have a favorite Cardigan Bay which has a gorgeous cornucopia on it so I wear that one at Thanksgiving time.  I have tons of Halloween sweaters  including QF ones and I do wear some of those.  I wear one of my pretty SB Knit sweaters with a springtime cherry blossom theme fairly often as a light spring jacket.  It doesn't look "novelty" particularly - heck Talbots still sells sweaters with similar designs but mine is much more elaborate.  So the answer is yes, but not to the extent I used to before novelty sweaters were deemed "what not to wear" although I wear what I like and what I want to wear - whenever.  Oh, I also have a lot of dog-themed sweaters.

Respected Contributor

I have some gorgeous Bob Mackie silk shirts. My favorite is a mandarin style with cats embroidered on it.

I loved precious fibers. I still have many of the sweaters.

The woolen slacks were lovely.

I have other of the silk shirts and a couple of DVF things  that i wear occasionally.

I have kept a gorgeous black sweater coat with applique by koos. It is stunning.

I wish the Q would bring back the quality.

Honored Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

QVC had an in house wool and also a linen line.  Maybe Urban Wool????

Loved early Victor Costa.  David Dart had a few shows.

I purchased a lot from these lines.  Joan Vass had some great sweaters and knit skirts.