Respected Contributor
All of my clothes are in the closet I share with my husband.
Respected Contributor

My rule of thumb is if I haven't worn it in the last year I donate it.

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY 

Honey, get yourself some boxing tape, a marker, and a pad of paper and make your labels.  They have to be ripped off!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

It seems like the more clothes a person buys, the more we forget what we already have! I no longer have a basement or a lot of closets like I once did, so I had to change my buying habits. I still go through my one rubbermaid storage bin for seasonal clothes as well as my closet and dresser twice a year and get rid of stuff that just needs to go. I always end up with a few things that still have tags on, but a lot less than I used to find. The only clothes I've kept for years but haven't worn are the ones that have some sentimental meaning to me. If not for that, I can't justify keeping clothes around for years without wearing.

Respected Contributor

@RedTop 

I envy your discipline. I hate clutter, but enjoy clothes.

Only 6 drawers. You are my inspiration.

Honored Contributor

I don't have a walk in closet, have to store out of season clothes in a couple of Rubbermaid tubs and a cedar chest.  Coats and dresses and a few other things are in two other closets.

When I switch Spring/Summer to Fall/Winter I always donate things that I have held on to for too long, don't wear, no longer like.

This Fall I finally did a jeans makeover, bought three new pairs and I have at least four old ones in a donate pile.

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Honored Contributor

I lost 70lbs going on 4 years ago. I've kept it off which is the best part. I had to buy an entire new wardrobe. I donated all of my old clothes. The clothes I did keep just looked so dated. My style has totally changed. Before I would wear clothes to hide my obese body, now Its the total opposite. I wear tight jeans and fitted tops. I love my figure now and intend on showing it! Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

I don't really form an attachment to my clothes. When I purchase something new, it becomes my favorite and I turn my back on older items.

Case in point: I recently went on a bit of a buying binge, so this weekend I ruthlessly attacked my closet and will donate approximately 30 items.  

I refuse to store clothing in bins/boxes in our storage room in the parking garage. I want everything seen and accessible. I am one of those who cannot live with any kind of clutter.

@LindaSal -- I am so guilty of donating brand new with tags clothing. But it feels better to eliminate those items than to have them clutter my physical and mental space.😅 

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I lost 70lbs going on 4 years ago. I've kept it off which is the best part. I had to buy an entire new wardrobe. I donated all of my old clothes. The clothes I did keep just looked so dated. My style has totally changed. Before I would wear clothes to hide my obese body, now Its the total opposite. I wear tight jeans and fitted tops. I love my figure now and intend on showing it! Heart

@ID2 - Congrats on loosing the weight and keeping it off!  That's great!  I also think it was a good idea to donate all your preowned clothes.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I don't store clothes.  I couldn't deal with clothes in bins.  I have a walk in closet and everything is hanging up or folded on shelves.  If space was an issue, I would make do with less.