Respected Contributor

Re: Cleaners LOST belt to my Trechcoat

[ Edited ]

I suspect that because so much time has elapsed your claim against the cleaner is finished.  

I don't think many cleaners do the work at the store site, but it is picked up and sent to a central location.  You might want to ask if your cleaner does this and try to deal with the main office.

The other suggestion I have is to contact Jones NY with the style # of your coat, ask if they can replace the belt, and if there is a charge present it to the dry cleaner.

Honored Contributor

I would tie it with a scarf.  You can use a regular one or get a scarf belt.

Image result for trench coat with scarf belt

Image result for scarf belt

Talbots also has some belts that might work.

Pebbled Leather Tort-Buckle Belt

Square-Buckle Belt - Leopard Haircalf

Leather Skinny Belt - Tortoiseshell Patent

Leather Skinny Belt - Lizard

Respected Contributor

To me it isn't on her for leaving the belt on the coat.  She did, they accepted the item and now lost a integral part of that item.

This is on the Cleaner and they need to find a replacement belt.

I have a family member who is manager of a Dry Cleaner and works closely with the owner, presser, etc...and they on occasion break buttons, lose things...they always make good.....

I wouldn't think she should have to go looking around at 're-sale" shops etc..to find a belt..this one is on the cleaner.. They can find a replacement or compensate the cost of a new coat..why should she be out a jacket as the belt pulls the whole thing to gether (literally too lol)..

Honored Contributor

You can sue in small claims court.

Honored Contributor

I'm pretty sure the coat has buttons going down the front so she can still wear it.   Personally, I think even if she leaves it  open, a classic trench coat still looks good.   Yes, it would be nice if the belt was recovered, but it's not the end of the world.  

I still think it might be in the lost and found of wherever the coat was actually cleaned.    Loose pieces pile up, and I doubt they'd throw anything out.

If the OP can't get satisfaction from this cleaner, I also encourage her to post a blistering review on Yelp or whatever referral site is big in her area.   Service companies are VERY sensitive to bad reviews on Yelp in Southern California and often contact the person to fix the problem and ask them to change their review.    IMO, it's worth a try.  

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

I would tie it with a scarf.  You can use a regular one or get a scarf belt.

Image result for trench coat with scarf belt

Image result for scarf belt

Talbots also has some belts that might work.

Pebbled Leather Tort-Buckle Belt

Square-Buckle Belt - Leopard Haircalf

Leather Skinny Belt - Tortoiseshell Patent

Leather Skinny Belt - Lizard

Well!  That IS creative!!  LOL!

Thanks.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

If the OP can't get satisfaction from this cleaner, I also encourage her to post a blistering review on Yelp or whatever referral site is big in her area.   Service companies are VERY sensitive to bad reviews on Yelp in Southern California and often contact the person to fix the problem and ask them to change their review.    IMO, it's worth a try.  

Found 'em!  I just posted a review.

I took the coat out of the plastic and the faux leather is frayed everywhere.  They must've used some chemical to get the chocolate off the coat and it ruined the faux leather.

The coat is unsalvageable.

I'll just donate it.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."