Esteemed Contributor

Re: Classic Rich Plaids

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo wrote:

@shoesnbags

Sorry to resurrect an old abandoned thread but I have to ask; how did the plaid cardis turn out?

I was never able to buy the oatmeal on line and when I suggested to my husband that we drive to the Target where it was available (45 minutes away) he told me I was nuts! lol

I checked my local store a few times but the navy was never there in my size and the oatmeal was never there at all!

@Andreatoo Thank you for reminding me about the plaid cardis!  I received and kept both of them.  But it's been very warm - upper 80s - since then, with only a couple of days that were "sweater weather." This happens every year - I buy fall & winter things and have to wait soooooo long for cooler weather that I forget what I bought. Woman Embarassed The last couple of days have been more fall-like, but I had forgotten all about those plaid cardis.  For what it's worth, both the all cotton cardi and the one that was a blend felt pretty similar.  Like most Target clothing, they ran small ( I ordered medium instead of my usual XS) and are not exactly investment dressing lol.  But they're cute and I'll get my money's worth out of them considering that great price.  

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

table fashion

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor
@MariotaMurielle
May I say... stunning!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle

The scarf I posted (that you liked) is now 45% off. Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor
I was finally able to get my oatmeal plaid cardigan woohoo! They've apparently restocked the cardigans in the Target by me and now they're all 30% off. The Plaid "flannels" are also 30% off. In reality they are a rayon nylon blend and I would suggest a lingerie bag if you have a top loader
Trusted Contributor

I really enjoyed reading this thread and seeing all the beautiful pictures.  I want to check out Target in my area tomorrow and see what is still in the store in regard to those plaid cardis.

Honored Contributor
@miata1
Be careful because they also have cardies with a v-neckline. It may not matter to you but I know I prefer the crew neckline in that style of cardigan. I like to wear them buttoned-up as shirts
Honored Contributor

Recently I received this black watch plaid poncho (it appears much lighter in this picture) by Pendleton.  I love almost all plaids but this had always been my favorite.

Pendleton Cozy Plaid Wool Poncho

I wear a lot of solid sweaters and frequently accessorize them with plaid blanket scarves.  I'm finally getting the knack of tying them.

Happy New Year everyone!

Honored Contributor

@lulu2

Have you seen these, from J.Crew?Cat Happy

We made these cozy leather gloves with a holiday-ready Black Watch pattern on the front. Fun fact: Black Watch tartan is named for—you guessed it—the Black Watch, a regiment formed in 1725 to guard the Scottish highlands (in kilts, naturally).

• Leather, wool.
  • Import.
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

I did not see the JCrew gloves.  Actually I seldom peruse gloves  as I seldom wear.  I have a drawer full of leather gloves in various colors.  Some are at least 10 years old and still have the tags on them.

Happy New Year to you and your family (cats included)  I miss seeing your daily posts. (an those legs!)