Esteemed Contributor

Catherine Malandrino Kohls Review (and you can buy it all online today, 9/24)

So I ordered a few pieces of this collaboration last week and it arrived yesterday.

I bought the faux leather jacket and the ponte slim pants.

Jacket: I'm always on the hunt for a nice faux leather jacket. I have several including a few from ZARA and from the Clinton Kelly line here on the Q. The one from Kohls is near the top of the heap in terms of styling and the fabric is very good. Faux leather can feel like an inner tube and reek of chemicals but Kohl's did a great job here of creating a material that's is soft, supple, and does feel like leather. The jacket has side panels of knitted material which makes the garment more forgiving and easier to were over the course of a long day. Sizing is generous-I ordered a size medium and could have sized down to a small. For the price (with sales, coupon, etc) it's comparable to what we've seen here at the Q, but the styling is just this much better. Of all the faux leather I've tried, I would still choose ZARA, but this is a close second.

Ponte Pants: Love them. The leg opening is similar to a skinny jean (15-in) so if that's not your favorite look, this might not be for you. The idea is that it look like a pant, not a legging, so be honest about your size and don't be afraid, as I did, to order up. Not all ponte is pleasing, but this one is soft, has some heft (hides the saddlebags), and is not shiny at all. Highly recommended.

Having been so disappointed by the Derek Lam collaboration with Kohls, I wasn't holding out much hope here. Happy to say, I am pleased.

I will be ordering a few more pieces.

ETA: if you order on the 27th use SAVING30 for 30% off.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat