Trusted Contributor

Carol Ann from LIz now Halston

Well, guess she found a new vendor to rep. She is nice and this is not a rap on her.   I know that the majority of these vendor reps are professional product reps-it is a business.  But it does bother me when they lead you to believe thtat they are a part of the company and have been for awhile.  They are NOT. They merely present a product .And on that note, I kinda miss the days when the host presented the products all by themselves.

I only enjoy the vendors who present their own products-Tatcha, Lug, Roth, Gross, Denese, Ripka-they KNOW theor product.

Respected Contributor

Re: Carol Ann from LIz now Halston

I like Carol Ann as a presenter and I think she is easy to watch. But I do understand where you are coming from.  Since Xcel Brands owns and handles all aspects of Halston, Isaac, C wonder and had a license for Liz (which they did not renew) maybe Carol Ann could say she worked for the company no matter which of those lines she is representing?  Just a thought. 

Honored Contributor

Doesn't bother me one bit that vendors move from one company to another.  They need jobs too, they need to work just like the vast majority of us.  If the company goods leave here their vendors need to do something. 

Valued Contributor

I watched her early this morning and I was thinking what a fabulous choice she was to fill in when Cameron was away

Honored Contributor

I like Carol Ann.  I hope this won't cut down on Cameron's time though.

Contributor

I guess you answered my question about the Liz Claiborne collection. Sorry to see the line go.

Trusted Contributor

@kjae

I know exactly what you mean.  But, I think  all of the vendors are merely SALESPEOPLE! They are all professionals in this area.  Probably many of

them could sell ANYTHING.

I have never had to push product, but we have had friends who are professionals, and they have received so much training:  seminars, meetings, etc.  A life-long friend of my husband spent his career in sales.  He has it all down:

-eye contact

-smiling

-validating, agreeing

-using the person's name while speaking to them

He is smooth as glass and made a successful career of it. 

But it became so much of who he was that he was always  that way even socially, after he retired!

Honored Contributor

@Susan in California. Yes they sell anything and everything. The woman w/ the very short blonde hair is certain to show up w/ any and all personal gadgets. She must have the smoothest feet & most hairless chin on the Q.

Respected Contributor

I have always enjoyed Carol Ann. (IMO) She would make an excellent host. 

Trusted Contributor

I always thought that Carol Ann did a very good job of describing the fashions.  I am glad to see that she is now with Halston.  She looked very good today and actually looked younger, don't know her secret but wish I did.  She seems to keep so fit so that helps to look younger too.