Honored Contributor

I ordered a few items online...went on a hour walk....came home and thought about it.  Decided I could live without what I ordered, make do. So I canceled it.   I know sometimes I order things because it gives me a lift.....I just need to inspire myself in a better way.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Canceling an order

[ Edited ]

I do that sometimes also.  I also have been brutal about returning items that do not meet the cut.  

My Favorite Breed is Adopted

Honored Contributor

Things are like chocolate - a very temporary lift!

Trusted Contributor

Just put item in your cart for 1hour, & consider whether or not you really want it.  Helps me!

Frequent Contributor

I do that, too!  Call it window shopping !

Honored Contributor

I used to shop a lot for the high but it became stressful when I had too much stuff to store and use.I now just window shop and walk away.If I am still in love later then I will consider the purchase but so far I have not ordered much.i tell myself that there will always be something to come along that will be ready for me to purchase so there is no need to get anything right away unless I am running out of something.

stuff does not make you happy for long so I try to find something more rewarding to do that brings people into my life and maybe helps others to have some joy.

Honored Contributor

@MagnyGood idea -  better for both the shopper and the company they're shopping with.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I ordered a few items online...went on a hour walk....came home and thought about it.  Decided I could live without what I ordered, make do. So I canceled it.   I know sometimes I order things because it gives me a lift.....I just need to inspire myself in a better way.  

@SeaMaiden

Be careful....I got the 'Too May Cancellations' letter once and after the second time, they'll close your account, where you can't even buy on QVC.

It's happened to people here on the forums, as well as friends or neighbors of posters here.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

IG, I'm very surprised to hear that! especially since we're given a limited time in order to cancel, so that means the item hasn't been processed yet. how does that affect them? I would think it's better than frequent returns. I really hate returning stuff to QVC, so I try to make sure I want the item enough to keep it. unless of course there's something wrong with it. I've made a total of 2 returns in all these years, and they were for valid reasons. no cancellations yet. 

Trusted Contributor

I put items in my basket and then go read the description and reviews.  If they say last call or my size is yellow I may quickly buy.  After reading the info I need I can make a decision that is good for me.  If I could get the information from the hosts upfront and if I could trust the quality and sizing I would not have to shop this way.  I lost out on a purse the other night because they talked about leather and embellishment first.  The last bag sold out just as they were opening the bag.  QVC got their money but I was again not a happy customer.  I need organization in my bags, an outside phone pocket and secure closures.  Many people have made the same comments so I guess our opinions are not really important.