Valued Contributor

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Bra?

First off, I need to say that I am a 42D. I am not obese. I am 6' tall with a fairly large rib cage and big boobs. They don't hang (yet) even though I'm 64 years old. I have been wearing Genie bras for a couple of years, but I don't really think they give me enough support....too much going off to the side for me. I have tried a zillion bras. I don't particularly like underwires, but mostly what I object to are MULTIPLE hooks on the back once you get into the bigger sizes. I understand support, but 4 hooks???  Three would be okay....but oh for the days of 2 hooks. I think because I am a tall woman, the bras I try always seem to fit oddly.....like the cups are too close together or the straps are too short unless I put them on their longest possible length. Mostly I just wish I could find comfort AND support. Is it a pipedream?

Respected Contributor

Re: Can Anyone Recommend A Good Bra?

Chantelle Rive Gauche.  They are at major department stores.  I buy mine at Nordstrom during the anniversary sale, but they also price match a few times a year to other department stores.  They are a bit pricy, but so worth it.  I get measured for them because fit is so important.  I wear the all lace one, but they have tee shirt bras too.  They are underwire and great for larger sizes. 

Respected Contributor

Try the HerRoom site. Wacoal might work, they also have less expensive bras.

Honored Contributor

My absolute favorite bra is Wacoal, 855192. You can buy it directly from their site. If you decide you like it, you'll be able to buy them, new with tags, from eBay, usually, for less. Amazon also carries this style.  

I believe your size will have 3 hooks. I can't stand the 4 hook bras. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

PLEEZE!!!   I don't believe  a comfortable bra exists!!!  I,too, am a big-busted gal in my senior years with a "zipper" scar down my chest as the result of heart-bypass surgery.  Even after 6 years, there is no bra that doesn't hurt!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Awareness Bra by Wacoal. Supportive. Comfy. Pretty.

i got mine from their website. I got the nude, Did I mention super comfy?!?! I think (?) maybe Macy's carries it,  or maybe Dillard's. Not sure though.

Love it. Gotta support those girls, and this bra does!

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

18 hour, cross your heart.

Contributor

I'd recommend a professional fitting at Victoria's Secret. I got a perfect fit and I appreciated their recommendations of the different styles for different tops.

Super Contributor

Le Mystere are the only bras I wear any more. My favorite is the Dream Tisha. Great support and coverage, comfortable and they hold up well to washing.

Respected Contributor

Wacoal 855192. Tried others but always come back to this one. Great fit.