Valued Contributor

They keep falling down my arms. I guess it is the fit.  It is so annoying to keep pulling them up. I am wide in the torso so usually find bras that are wider around.  Help!

Honored Contributor

Re: Bra straps not staying put

This is a bra strap mate from Walmart.

Lingerie Solutions Bra Strap Mate

They are available from a variety of stores.  Just google "bra straps fall down".

Contributor

It could be how your shoulders are vs how wide apart the straps are. If you get fitted somewhere (Nordstrom, Dillard's, Soma) you can get advice on bra styles that work best for your body type. I've recently discovered that demi or balconette bras with wider set straps work best for me as I'm broad shouldered with shallow breasts. I wish I'd figured that out sooner!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm always having to tighten the left bra strap so that it's shorter than the right one. I think it's just because my left shoulder is a bit lower than the right one or that my left breast is a bit larger than the right one. Same thing with layering camisoles that have adjustable spaghetti straps -- I have to shorten the left one more than the right one.

Honored Contributor

I got some of those strap holders but my straps were too wide.  Looked for some wider ones but couldn't find any.  I was thinking about sewing a piece of 1/4" elastic permanently between the straps on each of my bras.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Please go get fitted.

I had the same trouble. In fact I bought silicone holders to keep my straps from slipping down. It was the only way my straps would stay up.

Then I got breast cancer and was fitted for my bras. I have no trouble now. I no longer have to use the silicone strap holders. The straps stay up all day. The owner of the shop knew what she was doing and knows what "fits". In fact she tried a few different sizes before she sent me out the door. I am so glad I found her.

PS -

Topro A Pair of Silicone Bra Strap Cushions Holder Non-Slip Shoulder Pads Color Clearthat is a picture of the silicone strap holders

Esteemed Contributor

I am a strong proponent of bra fittings, but let's not underestimate the value of those strap helpers (as shown in post #2).  Every now and then the straps just need some help with positioning.   My bras fit, but I still keep a couple of sets of those helpers on hand (available wherever bras are sold usually in beige, black, and clear). 

Honored Contributor

I wear bras with straps that cross in the back, which are not always easy to find.  

@chihuahuamom wrote:

They keep falling down my arms. I guess it is the fit.  It is so annoying to keep pulling them up. I am wide in the torso so usually find bras that are wider around.  Help!

Respected Contributor

If you don't need a lot of support, a racer-back sports bra works well.  I like one by Patagonia.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I make my own solution to this problem. Get some soft elastic, cut a length that will go from strap to strap with about an inch wrap around on each end. Sew a plastic snap

on each end and strap it around your bra straps. It costs next to nothing, and you can make one for every bra so you never have to take it off.