Trusted Contributor

Re: Boot cut or Straight leg pants?

Slight boot cut or straight leg. I have one pair of D&C Co. jeans with a boot cut that looks more like a bell bottom. I should have sent them back, but I waited too long.

In my opinion, 50% of the people I see in skinny jeans should not be wearing them. On many people they look awful. I like the look on many others, but not on myself.

Super Contributor

I like straight leg and narrow slight boot cut

Honored Contributor

I would always hear on QVC how boot cut makes you look thinner --- I don't think so. I never thought Lisa looked thinner, in fact, she looked bigger. When she started wearing straight leg pants she really looked so much better & smaller. I prefer Straight Leg. It's a pant that is always in whether longer or ankle length ---- love it.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

On 1/21/2015 KatCat1 said:

I would always hear on QVC how boot cut makes you look thinner --- I don't think so. I never thought Lisa looked thinner, in fact, she looked bigger. When she started wearing straight leg pants she really looked so much better & smaller. I prefer Straight Leg. It's a pant that is always in whether longer or ankle length ---- love it.

I don't recall seeing Lisa in bootcut. Mostly she wore wide leg jeans.

Honored Contributor

A lot of jeans companies now label straight leg as boot cut. Real boot cut flares out from just below the knee forming a triangle shape of some sorts.

I wear true straight leg. They don't narrow down at the ankle which makes the thighs the focal point-unless you have no thighs (sigh!)

Contributor

The TS will be over in about 10 minutes and I am on the fence about ordering it. It is because I prefer straight leg over boot cut..... but they looked cute with a pair of tennis shoes.... ugh...can't decide. Then if you don't want them skin tight do you order a size up? I am only 5', but the petites length seemed too short to me........Oh dear me, see why I am still on the fence?
Honored Contributor

I only wear straight leg pants (tapered at the bottom). No boot cut or wide leg pants for me. I don't wear skinny jeans either.

Respected Contributor

I just bought a yoga pant that is skinny through the thigh and legs and slight boot cut. I really like it because I have thin legs and have always had a thigh gap. We used to call it bow-leggedSmiley Happy
Valued Contributor

I like tight skinny and straight leg jeans, pants
Valued Contributor

not tapered, purely straight