Esteemed Contributor

Ladies and Gents, do any of you purchase, like or wear bolo ties? 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, have quite a collection.  My hubby wears them with his western and square dance attire. It is a lot easier than a tie and a tie slide.  We get handmade beaded bolos as well as the more standard metal type.  I have a friend who makes them.  At some point I will probably have to get rid of some since we have a huge collection.

Esteemed Contributor

Some are very artistic. In the more detailed bolos, a lot of work goes into making them.  I know Rock Stars wear them not just folks who enjoy Western Wear.  I know ladies also wear a style that is more like jewelry. 

I make them but they are low end - not a lot of precious or semi-precious stones, gold, silver, copper.  Still, they have color and interest.  Many guys collect them just to have stuff. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

My DH has some beautiful ones that he wears mostly in the summertime with a nice western shirt.

He got a beautiful one when we visited the Canadian Rockies stampede/rodeo in July. It was handmade by an Indian tribe.  They had beautiful things for ladies too.  It was very interesting to listen about their different tribes.

Honored Contributor

They are the tie of choice in the Southwest.  My dad had several all with elaborate turquoise and silver designs.  One day shortly before he died when he was living with me, he brought one out and asked if I could use it.  I don't need a tie but I did figure out how to attach a chain to it so it could be worn as a pendant.  It's a dancing kachina.

Now if I could figure out a use for his big, heavy belt buckles.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment