Respected Contributor
On 2/2/2014 DiAnne said:

GraceCo - Many Linea fans have said they would pay more for a better grade of fabric - I absolutely would. I LOVED Linea a few years ago. Louis has said the higher priced items do not sell well. I do not think that is where the Linea line is heading unfortunately.

That's disappointing--thought I read somewhere here that a better grade of fabrics was being considered. I'd definitely pay more. But, like the talls conversation, maybe there aren't enough of us to justify the option.

Super Contributor
On 2/2/2014 GraceCO said:

Debbie, I agree. Getting pants at QVC that fit is iffy. I have been lucky with just a couple of LDO's and one from Joan Rivers. Dresses and skirts hit me above the knee (sometimes inches above) and I'm not at an age/stage where that looks good on me. That's why I'm begging for hems!!!

I also bought the new ponte knit pants and the jacket and haven't noticed any shredding--I hope that doesn't happen. I'm dealing with that with the PK cardigans, but decided to keep them anyway. I've had the same issue with Isaac's cashmere cardigans which were $150 each--of course, it was too late to send them back. But, they are getting close to being unwearable.

It's harder for me to move on because I really love Louis' classic designs, which I have a hard time finding anywhere, except Talbots. But, their pricing is higher. I'd be thrilled if LDO used a better grade of fabric & offered hems at a higher price--it would still be lower than Talbots and other retailers.

GraceCo, I was not talking about the pants and jacket to which you refer but rather the dress pants A236146 -- the ones that came with the matching jacket in black, caviar and camel. I got all of them and they have not worn well at all. The ponte I had were from earlier last year and pilled very badly between the legs and on the seat. I am not sure whether this new ponte is a new fabric. I loved the ponte di Roma from a couple of years ago and still have those pieces but Louis said it would be too expensive to bring now.

I am used to dealing with cashmere (including Isaacs) many of which naturally shed/pill and have to be shaved every couple of wearings. I am finding that with the PK shell and cardigan that I have to do it every single time. This is a blended fabric and I was hoping to be able to avoid the hassle. Not sure what happened as my older turtlenecks do not have this problem.

I too used to buy a lot of Linea but going elsewhere has taught me to be a better shopper. I purchase mostly higher end designer on sale and have done pretty well, especially during end of season sales. My closet is full so if I buy one Adrienne Vittadini cashmere blazer on clearance instead of 3 Linea jackets, so be it. Neiman's, Saks, Bloomingdales and the various off price online retailers (Gilt, Rue La La, Hautelooketc.) have great sales on higher end designer clothing and accessories.

I still have and love my Linea items but am just more careful about what I buy now. My summer weight wool pants from Hugo Boss or DVF silk blouse looks just as good with my whisper knits sweaters, t-necks and cardi's as they do with Linea pants and Linea blouses. Just think outside the box and don't be afraid to mix and match. I wore my seemed Linea jacket (A229475) over an Armani dress I bought on clearance last year. The dress doesn't have to be one of Linea's. I am sure Louis won't be madWink As a designer he understands that we all have a personal style and don't need to be, nor should we be, dressed in Linea head to toe.

Respected Contributor
On 2/2/2014 Debbie1426 said:
On 2/2/2014 GraceCO said:

Debbie, I agree. Getting pants at QVC that fit is iffy. I have been lucky with just a couple of LDO's and one from Joan Rivers. Dresses and skirts hit me above the knee (sometimes inches above) and I'm not at an age/stage where that looks good on me. That's why I'm begging for hems!!!

I also bought the new ponte knit pants and the jacket and haven't noticed any shredding--I hope that doesn't happen. I'm dealing with that with the PK cardigans, but decided to keep them anyway. I've had the same issue with Isaac's cashmere cardigans which were $150 each--of course, it was too late to send them back. But, they are getting close to being unwearable.

It's harder for me to move on because I really love Louis' classic designs, which I have a hard time finding anywhere, except Talbots. But, their pricing is higher. I'd be thrilled if LDO used a better grade of fabric & offered hems at a higher price--it would still be lower than Talbots and other retailers.

GraceCo, I was not talking about the pants and jacket to which you refer but rather the dress pants A236146 -- the ones that came with the matching jacket in black, caviar and camel. I got all of them and they have not worn well at all. The ponte I had were from earlier last year and pilled very badly between the legs and on the seat. I am not sure whether this new ponte is a new fabric. I loved the ponte di Roma from a couple of years ago and still have those pieces but Louis said it would be too expensive to bring now.

I am used to dealing with cashmere (including Isaacs) many of which naturally shed/pill and have to be shaved every couple of wearings. I am finding that with the PK shell and cardigan that I have to do it every single time. This is a blended fabric and I was hoping to be able to avoid the hassle. Not sure what happened as my older turtlenecks do not have this problem.

I too used to buy a lot of Linea but going elsewhere has taught me to be a better shopper. I purchase mostly higher end designer on sale and have done pretty well, especially during end of season sales. My closet is full so if I buy one Adrienne Vittadini cashmere blazer on clearance instead of 3 Linea jackets, so be it. Neiman's, Saks, Bloomingdales and the various off price online retailers (Gilt, Rue La La, Hautelooketc.) have great sales on higher end designer clothing and accessories.

I still have and love my Linea items but am just more careful about what I buy now. My summer weight wool pants from Hugo Boss or DVF silk blouse looks just as good with my whisper knits sweaters, t-necks and cardi's as they do with Linea pants and Linea blouses. Just think outside the box and don't be afraid to mix and match. I wore my seemed Linea jacket (A229475) over an Armani dress I bought on clearance last year. The dress doesn't have to be one of Linea's. I am sure Louis won't be madWink As a designer he understands that we all have a personal style and don't need to be, nor should we be, dressed in Linea head to toe.

Debbie, thanks for clarifying which ponte knit pants you were talking about and, like you, I also hope the same shredding issues don't pop up with the new pants/jacket. So far, so good, with mine and I've worn them several times already.

I have a wide range of clothes/designers represented in my closet, but I'm at an age-stage of life where simplifying everything just feels good. So, having a system of clothing that all works together makes it easier for me when traveling for work or pleasure, as I recently found out. Everything worked together. So, I'm trying to build a basic go-to Linea wardrobe, primarily for traveling. And, since I was a devotee of Anne Klein (and still have a black crepe jacket Louis designed), I know I can depend on clothing that is beautifully designed with good fabrication.

Recently, after purging my closets, I'd decided to go all neutrals with black as my foundation. Simple. But, then I come here and find all these options for color--like the seamed jacket that I got in fuschia!!! I'm learning from others here what options work best which is why I started this thread about the talls. Slowly, but surely, I'll get there.

Thanks for all your helpful comments--it's greatly appreciated.

Super Contributor

Grace, you're very welcome! I too stick to basics for travel - usually 2 neutrals and one color. It does make life easy when you're on the go. I also own that seamed jacket and love it! Hope you are able to find what you are looking for.