Respected Contributor

Re: Best Tees for under wraps and cardigans.

@LTT1 Finally had a chance to look up the item number for the Penney's top I was referring to:  

a.n.a® Essential Long-Sleeve T-Shirt Item # 842-3917D

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl

Thanks for that number... Will look those up!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

@LTT1 Finally had a chance to look up the item number for the Penney's top I was referring to:  

a.n.a® Essential Long-Sleeve T-Shirt Item # 842-3917D

I think that's the same tee I bought at Penney's recently. I love it.

a.n.a® Essential Long-Sleeve T-Shirt

a.n.a. Essential Long Sleeve Tee Shirt

I bought the white.  I love the cotton/modal blend and the open neckline (not a tight crew neck). It has a cute seam down the center back. And the arms can be rolled back at the wrist.

This runs long! I'm 5'4" and I bought a Petite. Even so, it's tunic length on me.

I need to buy another one. I know I will wear this constantly once the weather cools. They had these in the store, as well as online.

Respected Contributor

@peachesncream Isn't this top crazy good?  Every once in a while I buy something that becomes my 'go to' thing for the season.  This fall/winter I think it is going to be this top.  It feels so smooth on the skin, it is not baggy and oversized yet it doesn't cling unmercifully to figure flaws.  And you are right about length...it is long but I love that.  Peeks out under jackets, cardigans etc.  I bought my first in the black and white stripe...then went back for gray and white as well as the solid plum.  Great price for a high quality top.

Trusted Contributor

@skuggles wrote:

I love the "shaped layering" tees from Land's End.

http://www.landsend.com/products/womens-shaped-layering-crewneck-t-shirt/id_211457?sku_0=::337

They come in crew, scoop, or v-neck, and short or long sleeve. I have a bunch.

@skuggles

Hi, I picked a few of these up.  I like the fact that they are slightly fitted.

Valued Contributor

Thank you ALL for the recommendations.Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

As an aside, I've been having some trouble posting over the last few days. Sometimes my reply is posted and sometimes it disappears and I'm asked to log on again. Hmmmmm???

Respected Contributor

My biggest problem is a closet full of tees that are not long enough.  Even as a layer piece, I want more length. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@glmama wrote:

As an aside, I've been having some trouble posting over the last few days. Sometimes my reply is posted and sometimes it disappears and I'm asked to log on again. Hmmmmm???

I've found I have to log in first, and then I can make replies to threads.

If I start typing a reply (without logging in first) when I click Post, it takes me to the log in page, but won't accept my log in information!! It tells me the password is wrong (it's not). It's very annoying.

And it destroys my carefully typed message, as soon as I hit Post (if I haven't logged in first).

Respected Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

My biggest problem is a closet full of tees that are not long enough.  Even as a layer piece, I want more length. 

@MomCat the top that peachesncream and I are recommending (above) is very long.