Super Contributor

Best Raincoat/Jacket - Dennis Basso vs Susan Graver

Looking for a great raincoat, who makes the best & specifically what item, Susan Graver or Dennis Basso? Thank you.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Best Raincoat/Jacket - Dennis Basso vs Susan Graver

I've been shopping for one, too. I think both Lands End and Talbots have better ones than DB or SG.

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I've been shopping for one, too. I think both Lands End and Talbots have better ones than DB or SG.

@Goldengate8361   I got my casual one from Totes (yellow slicker) and my "dressier" black one from LandsEnd (black Coastal Raincoat.)

They are both truly waterproof - not simply water "resistent."

Esteemed Contributor

For waterproof anoraks look at Columbia sportswear.

Respected Contributor

eddie Bauer and Marmot make great ones.

Honored Contributor

@skuggles wrote:

eddie Bauer and Marmot make great ones.

Marmot lifetime warranty. 99.00 beautiful shade like blue SG TSV. Unlike SG mine is waterproof. Living in Adirondacks need that.
Trusted Contributor

My Columbia are indeed waterproof but the water proofing makes it air tight.  This makes  it so warm my shirt is soaked by the time I take them off.  I can't wear mine in warm weather.  Other than that they have worn very well.  They are maybe 5 years old and still look great so I wear them spring and fall only.

I have Dennis Basso also.  It has worn well.  The waterproofing held up for its first trip to cleaners.  I will see what happens after the next one.  I can give it a Scotchgard Treatment when needed.  I like that the hood can be hidden under the collar when not in use.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw a darling red rain slicker in the window of a boutique. I went back to check it out today. I knew it would be pricey but in no way did I expect $350.00! 

The brand was Jane Post. Never heard of it and looked it up on the internet when I got home. Seems to only be sold in higher end dept stores and boutiques.

Decided to go with Susan Graver's TSV rain jacket in red.

I have a SG coat that has been my go-to for colder weather this year; it's comfy and warm.

I had a Dennis Basso raincoat that was also very good quality but after 10 years I got a little tired of it.

Honored Contributor

Looking forward reading reviews. Tempted to order SG light coat. My concern is that it's to thin, Not enough substance. Did purchase two new tops special price. Enjoy your SG coat.
Honored Contributor

I like that both Talbots and Lands End offer petite sizing...I hate when coat & jacket sleeves are too long.