Honored Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams Show Today

@sunshine45 wrote:

love barefoot dreams and so glad that it has come to qvc.

i have purchased 3 of the first TSV and then 2 of the second TSV.......plus a beanie......all from qvc.

my daughters gave me an ombre open front cardigan from the line for christmas......in ravens purple. they purchased it from nordstrom.

it is not loungewear to me, it is casual clothing for me.

i am so tempted to get one of their throws.

I loved that ombre cardi.  I saw it, and I almost bought it.  I just wanted it to have a closure.  I also think it's casual clothing and not loungewear--for me as well.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

LOVE Barefoot Dreams. The style I like is the long one with pockets and **no curving hem**. A279736

Actually bought another just like it in a different color just the other day. Got the first one this past August when it was a TSV. Like it so much and wear it so much that I actually paid full price (this time) for another. FABRIC IS SO COMFORTABLE, AND SOFT AND WARM! (Too bad the only BD I found at Nordstrom were NOT of this style. I am NOT a fan of the curved hem. ALSO the medium is the one that fits me NOT "small-medium"), AND SOME STYLES DON'T COME IN PURE "MEDIUM".

I wrote more about this in the thread SHOPOHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME -- today's thread there.

I would rather have two of the same item (but different color) in a piece of clothing I love and frequently wear, than several items of clothing that I do not love.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE! STAY WARM AND HEALTHY!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it's ok to express an opinion on this board. I see no reason to be rude to someone who says this line is overpriced. I tried the open cardi on at Nordstroms and did not find it appealing. The price was high and I did not find the material as soft as many say it is.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the heads up.

I looked at this and it was cute; I'd rather stay with more of a R. Lauren look.

Trusted Contributor

@CareBears today they are hving an extra 20% off sitewide including sale items.  The sale prices are good but they are final sale.  Nordstrom often offeres at 40% off you just have to be fast because of selling out.

Honored Contributor

It's not loungewear. IMO. 

Trusted Contributor

Winamac, I love the tagline at the end of your posts! Hilarious!
Quick BD question...how do you keep the TSV drape front cardi CLOSED on a chilly day? I don't want to put a pin or brooch through the fabric for fear of tearing it. I'm thinking of buying those fashion magnets, perhaps?
Thanks in advance for any ideas! ❤
Super Contributor

lol I also think it's expensive for polyester and have gotten chastised for the comment.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

love barefoot dreams and so glad that it has come to qvc.

i have purchased 3 of the first TSV and then 2 of the second TSV.......plus a beanie......all from qvc.

my daughters gave me an ombre open front cardigan from the line for christmas......in ravens purple. they purchased it from nordstrom.

it is not loungewear to me, it is casual clothing for me.

i am so tempted to get one of their throws.

@sunshine45 is that the same cardigan Colleen did the knock-off of?

I have Colleen's version and I love it.

IMO the items that are loungewear are marketed as such.  Like the loungewear pants.  I wouldn't wear those out of the house.  Otherwise, I consider the other pieces to be super casual, but not loungewear.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
Winamac, I love the tagline at the end of your posts! Hilarious!
Quick BD question...how do you keep the TSV drape front cardi CLOSED on a chilly day? I don't want to put a pin or brooch through the fabric for fear of tearing it. I'm thinking of buying those fashion magnets, perhaps?
Thanks in advance for any ideas! ❤

I returned the open-front one from QVC.   it would drive me nuts.  I am not sure if that "magnet" would hold it, but a brooch may.

You can get an alterations person to put a closure on it--it may not "fall" the way you want it to.

I have the cozy chic poncho in the ocean/stone--it's so comfy and soft!  it's not an open-front item.

I keep trying to like open front, and I end up returning them, LOL, or getting a closure on them.  I usually don't buy but occasionally cave only to be disappointed! 

Good luck!  (I think a pin would work)  (brooch) Smiley Happy

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"