Trusted Contributor

Tango Candy Glass Earrings - SR_E470

Comments on another thread motivated me to start this one. What is the most adventurous, unusual, avant garde piece in your fashion collection? A piece of jewelry, an item of clothing, a pair of shoes, another accessory........what do you have that is really bold and "off the beaten path" for you? What drew you to it? Where did you get it? Do you wear it often? If so, how does wearing this nonconformist fashion statement make you feel?

We'll start with me: These have to be the most adventurous earrings I own! A veritable party on the earlobe, with millefiore work, candy glass, and Swarovski crystals. If I wear them it's usually to a festive outing (or it automatically becomes a festive outing!), and I wear them only with simple clothing (maybe a solid maxi dress, or jeans and a classic V-neck sweater. I have a coordinating wide cuff bracelet, believe it or not, which is really a statement and one of the favorite pieces of jewelry in my collection.......but I'd never wear the two together. If you wear a standout item like this, everything else needs to be utterly simple and understated. Let these earrings do the talking. You couldn't shut them up if you tried.

I happened across these on Overstock.com a few years ago and have since bought several pieces from the jewelry line. I've also seen pieces from this line offered on ShopNBC and on other websites.