Trusted Contributor

I need info about her sizing.  With Isaac and Halston I normally size down a size.  Should I do that with Attitudes?  

Honored Contributor

Re: Attitudes by Renee sizing

@misschristy  I think it depends on what you buy in Renee's lines.  If you purchase pants, I used to buy small and they fit well when I was a bit smaller. Now I buy medium just because I like a bit more room.  A medium doesn't not make her pants too big for me.

I have more pants than tops ofr Renee's but I did buy a set of her upcoming tsv (2 long dresses) and bought a petite small & PM.  I returned the PM as the small in the top portion through to the waist fit much nicer, a tad more fitting and flattering.

Honored Contributor

@misschristy wrote:

I need info about her sizing.  With Isaac and Halston I normally size down a size.  Should I do that with Attitudes?  

I agree with @PINKdogWOOD

I would depend on which garment, the fabric, the drape and the ease.

I just purchased the 2 long dresses, according to the size chart I was somewhat between sizes but because one dress is sleeveless and I didn't want the armholes to gape and the other is a cold shoulder and I wanted it to fit well, I chose to size down.    The poly/span fabric is a bit forgiving and drapes nicely.

Honored Contributor

I don't by Halston or IM ... I buy the same size Attitudes as I buy with SG and LOGO.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC still provides the sizing information for all it's clothing.  They don't  keep it a secret and it's very easy to use.  You do have to know your real measurements and be honest with yourself.  I just began buying Renee's clothing, I'm a 14/16 I find it's true to size.  However, I do go up a size in her pants because I have full thighs and I don't like tight-tight pants.  

Honored Contributor

@software  And those arm holes for the sleeveless Renee dresses we both bought are perfect for me, hope the same for you.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@software  And those arm holes for the sleeveless Renee dresses we both bought are perfect for me, hope the same for you.

They are shaped well and fit nicely but they are rounded out in the back, not sure I am explaining it correctly.    In other words, there is some back showing.    Which is not a problem and it doesn't show my bra, it's just the way they are cut.  It's not noticable in the picture but if you look at the model in the floral dress from behind, and look at the armhole for her right arm, you can see how the opening is a bit curved.   It seems more pronounced on me.   The fit is good, it's just different.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

QVC still provides the sizing information for all it's clothing.  They don't  keep it a secret and it's very easy to use.  You do have to know your real measurements and be honest with yourself.  I just began buying Renee's clothing, I'm a 14/16 I find it's true to size.  However, I do go up a size in her pants because I have full thighs and I don't like tight-tight pants.  

You make a good point about knowing your measurements and being honest with yourself.    I would also like to add that fabric ease and drape should be considered as well.   Sometimes I size up in a woven blouse but will stay true-to-size in a knit jersey.   The knit will have a positive ease.   Even with spandex, a woven blouse doesn't have much give or drape.

I don't have much luck measuring myself.    But if I find a garment I want to buy online, a locate a similar garment in my closet that I like and fits me well and I measure it. not me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In general, often times the small box on the TV screen states 'Garment Measurements', which means that those measurements are the measurements of the garment, not the person.  So, I measure my own garments and then order similar sizes.  As far as WWC/Renne's pants, I size up because I don't like tight pants (on myself). 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).