Esteemed Contributor

Skinny Tee ,designer,Can you please stop putting tags on the tees. If you need to put the tags can you please, at least,  stop using that awful plastic thread  Smiley Sad 

I do cut them all out ,but sometimes I just cannot get that plastic thread out and it itches all day long.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Att. Skinny Tee's Vendor

I'm so with you. Hate tags, please every designer, stop using them! I was just talking about this yesterday. My denim and co tsv has a tag, now I have to get the seem ripper and pull it out. So nice when you don't have to.

Trusted Contributor

I agree!! A pet peeve of mine.  I don't understand why, in the year 2016, manufacturer's still put tages on clothing with something similar to "cat gut" thread.  It's hard to remove the tags, and, of course, you risk damaging the item.

Honored Contributor

@susan kay wrote:

I agree!! A pet peeve of mine.  I don't understand why, in the year 2016, manufacturer's still put tages on clothing with something similar to "cat gut" thread.  It's hard to remove the tags, and, of course, you risk damaging the item.

I SO agree with you all!!

@susan kay

I have damaged SEVERAL of my skinny tees trying to get that dang label off!

I have a LOT of skinny tees, but stopped buying them because the label drives me crazy all day.

PLEASE GO TO TAGLESS LABELS!!!

Valued Contributor

Totally agree, also one of my pet peeves is when they sew a tag on a scarf.  I have had some where the tag is attached very loosely and is easily removed without damaging the scarf.  If they must attach a tag to a top why not do it with very loose thread with plenty of room between the tag and the fabric?

Honored Contributor

WOW - seriously!  I said this years ago when they first came out with these things.  And I too have cut out the labels in a few of them but yes, that darn nylon thread kills the back of your neckline, SO ANNOYING!!!!

Honestly, while I have a BUNCH of skinnies, I don't even wear them anymore because like some ladies agree, they roll up on me.  This too is annoying for as long as they are. 

And while they're made to be a layering piece to another top that may be a little to low cut, I think these too are cut too low in the front.  I've actually worn them backwards at times which works, but they still roll up on me every time I sit and then get up.

I really need to clean out my closet of these things and give them all away.  They're clogging up my closet space.

Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't like them to go tag less because the printed tag would show through when I wear them backwards as I do most of the time. I have removed all of the tags on mine without ruining a single one, but I wish they would put the tags on the lower side seam.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wear them backwards too ,but because even though I have removed the tags ,it still has some thread that I can't see and drives me nuts scratching  on my back all day.

I love skinny tees and have all  of them .

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife, I agree.  I have a number of tees without printed tages.  Just make them tagless.  I ruined a favorite v-neck sweater of mine several years ago.  I couldn't  find my seam ripper so I just cut, taking my time.  Got a hole in the sweater.  Small, but, who cares.  It was a hole. 

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

I wouldn't like them to go tag less because the printed tag would show through when I wear them backwards as I do most of the time. I have removed all of the tags on mine without ruining a single one, but I wish they would put the tags on the lower side seam.

This just makes so much sense!

Maybe she'll see this and change the tag situation.